No announcement yet.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - Game of the Generation Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - Game of the Generation Edition

The long-awaited Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise will arrive as a Nintendo Switch exclusive on 10th July. …

Well, it was all quiet and then out of nowhere the Megaton drops and we can now safely wrap up years GOTY award and Game of the Generation.

The Switch bound sequel to the 11/10 scoring epic original has a release date. Agent York will return on:

10 July 2020

What a ghastly trailer.

Games are games. Gameplay should be shown. Not a load of arthouse pissflappery.

It annoys me to this day that I didn’t put enough time into the original. Atmospheric, story-led gams are my thing. I should adore the original, by rights. I may have to dig it out and have a proper go.

Regardless, I’m delighted that it’s getting a sequel. A rich reward for fans who saw past the limitations of the original and found themselves spellbound. It’s great that niche titles are getting a decent airing, still. Only the Switch, though? Urgh.

Comment

Not sure if I played the original on 360/ps3. The pre order is on sale on the e shop. Might jump in for £12

Comment

I’ve been tempted to buy the original on the Switch recently, but I really do not have a reason to own a other version of the same game...

May as well put my money towards the sequel instead...

(Waits for CharlesR to wade into the thread with some Red Seeds Profile love...)

Comment

It's very much a trailer for people who've played the original and that are going to get a kick out of a daft Jim Bond alike featuring Francis York Morgan. It's giving me the same kind of vibes that the Snake Eater intro did when I first saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            Not sure if I played the original on 360/ps3. The pre order is on sale on the e shop. Might jump in for £12
            "not sure if played deadly premonition".... 🤣
            If you'd played it, you'd be sure. Especially if you had reached the end. This stuff will haunt you forever. In a good way

Comment

Obviously this will be the game that stops me playing Overwatch.

Comment

Bought the first one today although with Animal Crossing it will likely be a long time before I get to it. I’D BETTER LIKE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  "not sure if played deadly premonition".... 藍
                  If you'd played it, you'd be sure. Especially if you had reached the end. This stuff will haunt you forever. In a good way
                  I just checked my PS3 and it’s on my hard drive. Will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Bought the first one today although with Animal Crossing it will likely be a long time before I get to it. I’D BETTER LIKE IT!
                    There's a hammer waiting for you if you don't

Comment

New screenshots:

Comment

For those willing to take the risk, 17 minutes of gameplay:

Definite issue with framerate is the main concern

Comment

DEADLY PREMONITION 2: A BLESSING IN DISGUISE REVIEW

"When it's good, it's incredible in the way that only Deadly Premonition can be – it knows that it's silly, weird, frustrating to play and a little bit broken, and it doesn't really care. Fans of the original will be on familiar ground, but whether DP2 quite does enough to earn a similar following to its predecessor remains to be seen."

Comment

I think I'll buy this on my week off at the end of August

Comment

What do you think Zach? It may be a dead cert?

Comment

Working...
                              X