No announcement yet.

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - Game of the Generation Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's the deal with this game? I've never played the first. Watching the videos of this it looks like a janky broken mess that has a frame rate like a turn of the century cinematograph. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      So what's the deal with this game? I've never played the first. Watching the videos of this it looks like a janky broken mess that has a frame rate like a turn of the century cinematograph. What am I missing?
      The videogame incarnation of Twin Peaks.
      It's far from being a technical masterpiece...or even an average technical piece...but the setting, the execution, the characters, and how everything is so strange yet charming, makes for an unforgettable experience. Sometimes for the worse (framerate, controls, QTEs), but it's one of those B-class games you can forgive for the sheer passion they have.

Comment

And the plot makes all other video-game plots seem like they were written by children

Comment

I'd just like to mention that if you like Deadly Premonition, you'll probably get on with Disaster Report 4 - it's almost as strange and it even has the framerate issues.

Shame I haven't got a Switch, I like the first.

Comment

New patch seems to make a big difference so after Paper Mario I might move onto this next finally

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              You can choose not to shave and thus grow a beard and not shower or wash your clothes and get flies around you, and you need to eat and sleep otherwise you get tired and hungry. Also you need to put petrol in your car otherwise you get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

In the game I once never bathed for a week, then was outside when it started to rain and I got hungry, so ate a tin of gherkins I found on the floor then slept in a shed like some kind of bearded hobo.

It was like all my fantasies coming true at once. ****ing loved it.

Comment

Zach, are you coming out on my machine?

I am concentrating all my inner energy to make this extant.

I am. I'm really not lying.

This is really precious to me. Truly precious.

I will get what I want, I always do when I REALLY want it but that's only happened thrice in my life and it was baaaaaad when it eventually all happened n' NAH, fuggit.

Comment

Zach...

Comment

(personal inner energy is ACTUALLY a reality, btw).

Comment

Deadly Premonition 2 will reach PCs via Steam this year. No firm date available yet.

Comment

Hopefully it runs better and does well enough to get DS3 made, but not as a Switch game

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Deadly Premonition 2 will reach PCs via Steam this year. No firm date available yet.
                          Any words on needed specs?

My rig could run Witcher 3, but it's getting on a bit.

Any guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Hopefully it runs better and does well enough to get DS3 made, but not as a Switch game
                            And why not? it's hardly the hardware's fault if developers don't optimize their game. The very first version of DS1 run pretty much like DS2 on the Switch did, and even the Director's Cut is not exactly a technical masterpiece.

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            Any words on needed specs?
                            There's no even a date out, so no. But anything more powerful than a Core i5, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 10x0 will be able to run it.

Comment

There's no even a date out, so no. But anything more powerful than a Core i5, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 10x0 will be able to run it.
                              Niiiice. I should just scrape it.

Comment

And why not? it's hardly the hardware's fault if developers don't optimize their game. The very first version of DS1 run pretty much like DS2 on the Switch did, and even the Director's Cut is not exactly a technical masterpiece.

It would have been nice to play it on a format first time where there was a better chance of running it better either through brute force or community patching, also because the Switch was a terrible choice of platform for the kind of game DS is. Completely the wrong audience so much lower chance of success.

Comment

Working...
                                X