User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Billed as a true next-generation title.

Also coming to PS4 and Xbox One. Hopefully it means it's next-gen as in how PS3 and 360 got Battlefield 4 but those versions were rough as hell rather than how every other game means it which means it's just a fancier looking current gen game and we get more bottom of the barrel BF1/BFV level stuff again.

I was just coming here to post this.

PLEASE BE GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Billed as a true next-generation title.

Also coming to PS4 and Xbox One. Hopefully it means it's next-gen as in how PS3 and 360 got Battlefield 4 but those versions were rough as hell rather than how every other game means it which means it's just a fancier looking current gen game and we get more bottom of the barrel BF1/BFV level stuff again.
    I've no doubt it'll be built for next gen and ported back in some (poor) form to last gen. Especially if the tech demo stuff around massive player counts is anything to gauge it ...

I just want this game to be as good as BF4 (when the finally fixed BF4 that is).

I reckon it will be good.

A lot will depend on if EA can get it in its head that BF is not nor never will be Call of Duty. It's staggering how off the mark the franchise got last gen.

Battlefield is the joy of jumping into a tank as a passenger as it rolls by and shooting foot-soldiers with anti-aircraft rounds while easily spotting them in infra-red. Until the enemy team gets bored and sends an apache gunship over to blow the tank up. It's also about stabbing people in the back while they use mortars. And the whole world erupting in noise and explosions around you at a choke point while you listen to the cool noise of grenade launchers and airbursts pop nearby, while laying down covering fire with a muzzle braked LMG, while sitting on a medkit and a team member right next to you with charged up defibrillator ready to revive you. And then jumping out of a plane, pulling a parachute and dropping C4 blocks on to a helicopter as it hovers underneath you and pulling the trigger, and during the "who killed you sequence" they see a man dropping from the sky.

a key part of of the BF experience is vengeance, if some tank crew is gunning, running and fixing, i'm darn well jumping in C4 up'd jeep to kamikaze at ramming speeds or chasing a an ace chopper pilot and his banana riding repair crew around with a anti air. Or being on the other end of that chain, blowing up that jeep before it gets you, to then quickly hop out and teabag for the deathcam.

I just need this to be BF4 with more destruction and if possible even more players than 64 for a bigger mess.

It was always frustrating that the formula was always so obvious and EA and DICE kept moving further away from it. The sandbox madness and freedom of approach is Battlefield, it's best loved entries all embrace that.