Streets of Rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    What are the sales figures? Anyone know?
    10 million (as it’s on game pass)
    I know it sold over 100k first week on steam, don’t know any figures unless it hits a milestone figure they want to share. I would hazard a guess about 500k across all formats.

Comment

Is that decent? I don’t really know these days.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        What are the sales figures? Anyone know?
        Sh98t and btw here's the pic's that adore the Andromeda household

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 23-07-2020, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          I'd say that you trying to argue with somebody whose professional background is in art and animation is more than a little daft.
          Any artist worth their salt would tell you taste is subjective. So it doesn't matter if someone works in 'art & animation', it's all about personal taste. I took another look at SoR4 in action -- and the art style still screams 'clipart' to my eyes. It doesn't look attractive to me, but some people say they like the style. Since the game was revealed, opinion on its graphics has been very divided.

The whole aesthetic design looks really dull and pretty basic to me. It just feels extremely soulless. That's just my honest critique of the visual design. I love the look of the MD Streets of Rage games, but I wouldn't expect lo-res graphics these days. I just wish the visuals in SoR4 did appeal to me, because it would be nice to have a new entry in the series that excites me. But the graphics in this game turned me off from the first moment I saw the trailer in action.

I wouldn't agree with anyone -- even people in the art field -- who says there can only 240p pixel art or this clipart style for 2D games. Artists are free to create all sorts of art styles. Another developer might have approached the aesthetic design of SoR4 very differently. There's lots of room to be creative.

The idea that the people who don't like the graphics and use terms such as "clipart" etc... are just being small-minded and malicious, is ridiculous. I remember stating that I don't like the visual design and then receiving a backlash, which was very strange seeing it's just an honest opinion. I wouldn't say the graphics are terrible in any way, but the style feels flat and lifeless to me. Lots of people share that view, so it's all down to personal perception and taste. There's nothing wrong with liking it, or not liking it. Honest opinion should never been be seen as a bad thing.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 23-07-2020, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            So it doesn't matter if someone works in 'art & animation', it's all about personal taste.
            No it isn't.

What is it with people these days, rejecting any form of authority?! Some things are objectively better -- or worse -- than others. Some people are better prepared and trained for knowing why and by how much than others.

Comment

Okay [MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION], whatever you reckon.

This place.

Comment

There’s a difference between opinion of taste, and the kind of matter-of-fact judgement of technical design we’ve seen here, though.

Comment

Walks in... Looks around... Walks out...

Comment

OK, let's try and keep this on-topic, please!

Can anyone confirm this plays 4-Player online, not just local, please?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Can anyone confirm this plays 4-Player online, not just local, please?
                      Two-player online, four-player locally, I'm afraid.

Comment

Yeah, cheers. That's what I read yesterday.
                        Just looking for our next Lockdown co-op game, but there's four of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          *5 pages of talking about clipart*
                          Oh god guys this was supposed to be a joke not a prophecy

Comment

This thread in image form.....

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Yeah and I doubt in 20 years time, people will be talking of SOR IV as fondly as they do for SOR II. Looking at the sales charts, it solid like the crap too. Well done SEGA, you saw actually had the sense not to even publish it... Good move
                              Today we talk about lovely pixel art. in 20 years time we'll be saying "look at that amazing Flash art!"

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                This thread in image form.....

It's like that old saying. "I feel like cracked vinyl"

Comment

Working...
                                X