Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Just finish the story, you fool!

Not you, NI. I mean the game guy. Whatshisname.

Comment

Shenmue 1 is prob my joint fave game with MGS1. I was really excited for Shenmue 3 and couldn't believe it was happening. Donated to the Kickstarter.

Finally got the game. Never got past the first few hours. :l

Should really go back to it but I'll be honest, it didn't really click like the first two. And it's not just rose tinted glasses, either. In anticipation of the third, I sat and played through the first two again on DC for umpteenth time, with my partner (who has zero history with the series) as an observer. We both really enjoyed going through them but the opening stuff in 3 left us both cold.

Is it me or the game?!

I will go back and beat 3 though. It has to be done so at least I'm up to date for the disappointment of 4 when that drops in 2035.

Comment

Shenmue 3's appeal is mostly that there's more Shenmue after so many years. In itself it's an incredibly weak follow up on many fronts so a fourth game would have an immense amount of work to do to improve things.

Comment

Yep. I think a lot of the vibe is in place with Shenmue 3 and, for me, that counted for a lot. It's not a strong game. There are things that you really have to forgive all the way through in order to enjoy it, I feel. And yet even then, the game hits a point where you realise it doesn't have a lot to give and it certainly doesn't move the story or characters along.

I still enjoyed it overall and I'm very glad we got it but, even taking whatever lack of resources into account and the distance from the first games and the nostalgia, it is not what it could have been.

Comment

Still feel to this day Shenmue 3 should have finished off the story as a whole, I did feel that 3 was like a side story as to me it did not progress the main story at all

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Still feel to this day Shenmue 3 should have finished off the story as a whole
                I strongly doubt that you're alone on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.cbr.com/shenmue-4-mainstream-meaning/
                  Yu Suzuki says he wants to completely revamp the series for Shenmue IV and make it much more of a mainstream appealing product. He says that the fourth game, which increasingly sounds like a likely thing, will add proper time skip options as well as a fast travel system and new UI.
                  So...when's Suzuki-san opening the crowdfunding campaign for it?

Comment

Shenmue: The Animation, which got its debut season in February, has been cancelled. The anime adaptation of the cult cl…

No stranger to cancellations, the Shenmue animated series is dropped by Warners

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.eurogamer.net/shenmues-a...been-cancelled
                      No stranger to cancellations, the Shenmue animated series is dropped by Warners
                      Should've used Kickstarter for it.

Comment

This story is just never going to get finished is it…

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                          This story is just never going to get finished is it…
                          Yeah the ending of Shenmue 3 made it feel like we've waited for nothing and the wait and uncertainy continues for Shenmue 4 just like it did for Shenmue 3. Shame because I thought the animation was decent.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                            Yeah the ending of Shenmue 3 made it feel like we've waited for nothing and the wait and uncertainy continues for Shenmue 4 just like it did for Shenmue 3. Shame because I thought the animation was decent.
                            Worse part was with 3 it felt like did not really progress the story at all ....really should have took that chance to complete it and even thought that at the time

Comment

Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki has discussed the possibility of a fourth game in the series, and the idea of developing it a…

The game seems to be years of starting development if ever

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X