The gameboy camera WiFi Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gameboy camera WiFi Printer

Recently discovered the existance of this little dongle and today it finally turned up. New technology to give new life to the gameboy camera it's pretty neat too. There have been devices in the past made for taking the pics from your gameboy camera but in 2020 they are a pain to use as they rely on really old PC hardware to use.

Introducing this teeny tiny thing the gameboy camera wifi printer allowing you to virtually print your pictures and then access them on a pc or even on a phone connected to the wifi of the device.

It needs a generic microusb power supply to power it up then you just need a gameboy and the gameboy camera plus a link cable. all connected like it originally would be then instead of the other end going into a gameboy printer it goes into the wifi printer. The wifi printer saves the pics to internal memory and they can be accessed even without the gameboy attached it has room to save 200 pics and will keep them in there even when no power is on.

Just select the pic you want to print and it will behave just like it was connected to a gameboy printer.

Now the fun part you need a pc with wifi capability (most nowadays) and when the gameboy wifi printer has power it will appear in your wifi connections list as a connection and you just simply connect to it then goto your browser and type in the ip address printed on the back of the gameboy printer and it will take you to the built in web interface here you can see all your pics you have sent as well as been able to mess around with the colours and stuff then when done you just right click and save the image as whatever you like and it's now useable online. It's a really simple thing to use and gets around all the messing about trying to get your pics off with save file extraction ect, the only thing is you still need all your original gameboy hardware to use with it thankfully i still have my old setup. Bonus points for me not having to bust open my sealed case of printer paper.

The very old pics i had sitting on my camera these are super old now, used to enjoy making stuff with the built in stamps and then drawing over them.

And one super recent pic as i had a go while i had all the gear back out to play around on
    Last edited by importaku; 07-05-2020, 14:31.

Ha! That's a great little device - I love it when old technology like this gets tweaked.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Recently discovered the existance of this little dongle and today it finally turned up. New technology to give new life to the gameboy camera it's pretty neat too. There have been devices in the past made for taking the pics from your gameboy camera but in 2020 they are a pain to use as they rely on really old PC hardware to use.

Introducing this teeny tiny thing the gameboy camera wifi printer allowing you to virtually print your pictures and then access them on a pc or even on a phone connected to the wifi of the device.

It needs a generic microusb power supply to power it up then you just need a gameboy and the gameboy camera plus a link cable. all connected like it originally would be then instead of the other end going into a gameboy printer it goes into the wifi printer. The wifi printer saves the pics to internal memory and they can be accessed even without the gameboy attached it has room to save 200 pics and will keep them in there even when no power is on.

Just select the pic you want to print and it will behave just like it was connected to a gameboy printer.

Now the fun part you need a pc with wifi capability (most nowadays) and when the gameboy wifi printer has power it will appear in your wifi connections list as a connection and you just simply connect to it then goto your browser and type in the ip address printed on the back of the gameboy printer and it will take you to the built in web interface here you can see all your pics you have sent as well as been able to mess around with the colours and stuff then when done you just right click and save the image as whatever you like and it's now useable online. It's a really simple thing to use and gets around all the messing about trying to get your pics off with save file extraction ect, the only thing is you still need all your original gameboy hardware to use with it thankfully i still have my old setup. Bonus points for me not having to bust open my sealed case of printer paper.

The very old pics i had sitting on my camera these are super old now, used to enjoy making stuff with the built in stamps and then drawing over them.

And one super recent pic as i had a go while i had all the gear back out to play around on
      Hey it’s Bob Symes!!

Comment

I’m a bit too old to have got involved in the whole Gameboy camera fad, but I bet for people who have old school pics etc stored on one being kept in a dusty loft, this device must be a real nostalgia trip.

Comment

Working...
        X