DiRT 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DiRT 5

Codemasters has just announced Dirt 5, which will launch for Xbox Series X (and, obviously, other consoles too).On Xbox…

Just announced, interested to see other games as it seems like we're firmly in the area of next-gen versions looking a lot like current gen ones with this. It'll recieve the free update for those who buy the current gen versions

Trying Dirt Rally on my new PC at ultra level and 1080p, it looks pretty smart.

Comment

Driving games became basically indistinguishable from real life about 5 years ago so a new one was never really going to impress.

Comment

4 player spilt screen is something unusual these days. But I’m really intrigued by the single player game supporting 4k 120fps. That’s got to be a great improvement for a racing game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          4 player spilt screen is something unusual these days. But I’m really intrigued by the single player game supporting 4k 120fps. That’s got to be a great improvement for a racing game.
          Looks stunning, don't care for the 4 player mode these days. Now need a new TV ready for the Series X.
          Can't wait to see what F1 looks like on the next gen too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Can't wait to see what F1 looks like on the next gen too
            99% identical to last gen is my guess.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            But I’m really intrigued by the single player game supporting 4k 120fps. That’s got to be a great improvement for a racing game.
            Playing BallisticNG at 144FPS makes a ton of difference over 60 once you hit the higher classes.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              99% identical to last gen is my guess.
              My guess is I'll stick to the 1%

Comment

Visuals are going to be practically indistinguishable. It doesn't matter how much you want to try convincing yourself otherwise.

Performance is another topic entirely. When it's not possible to make a game look any better at 4K/60fps (the point where most developers are at today) they'll push for smoother frame rates instead.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Visuals are going to be practically indistinguishable. It doesn't matter how much you want to try convincing yourself otherwise.
                  You seem to say that every console generation and every gen we see graphics not possible on the last-gen of consoles

Comment

The lines have blurred. It takes up to two years to start seeing convincing software which pushes any new console hardware. Nothing ever screams "YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS NEW HARDWARE NOW!" anymore.

Comment

And car games are not the place to show off new tech anymore. They used to be of course; easiest way to show higher resolutions.

I don’t think wipeout vr is true 120fps (unlike polybius say) but playing it in vr improved my lap times immediately and although some of that might be down to being able to see the course better i reckon a lot has to do with the screen update speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I don’t think wipeout vr is true 120fps (unlike polybius say) but playing it in vr improved my lap times immediately and although some of that might be down to being able to see the course better i reckon a lot has to do with the screen update speed.
                        Yeah; Wipeout VR was the end of non-VR racing games for me.

Comment

It’s incredible isn’t it?
                          I played the VR version of DiRT on psvr but they ballsed up the tracking so 2 minutes into a race my driver would be sat in the copilot seat, gradually poking his head through the roof and turning to face the now empty driver seat. Shame as it could have been amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            And car games are not the place to show off new tech anymore. They used to be of course; easiest way to show higher resolutions.

Is that because SONY aren't the force they used to be in Driving games ? .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Is that because SONY aren't the force they used to be in Driving games ? .
                              Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X