• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro|Spective 134: Second Sight

History in Games:
    2004 - Second Sight

Overview:
    Using an array of psychic powers at your disposal the player took on the role of John Vattic as he escapes the parapsychology facility he's awoken within. Sneaking, evading and using his powers to combat his way to freedom. The game was an attempt at launching a successful third person franchise with Free Radical and Codemasters pushing the game amidst solid reviews but the heavily contested market at the time wasn't kind to the game and it found itself being drowned out by a sea of rivals. None the less it managed to garner some fans who still remember it fondly.

Share your thoughts and memories of this long gone game

Bloody awesome game. Great story and really handsome graphics (I loved that Free Radical style in games like this and TimeSplitters).

Biggest issue was that you couldn't invert the controls. Much like the recent Luigi's Mansion 3.

Comment

This was one of my favourite games on GC. I ended up replaying it all over again immediately on hard in the hopes that there would be some cool unlockables but alas, there wasn't.

Comment

Enjoyed going through this back in the day, with an interesting story based twist at the end that I'd only just started to guess.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I never played this beyond I think the opening hour, I can't even tell you why it failed to hook me in but by the sounds I need to go back and retry it.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] You really do, it's great. And a bit bonkers!

Comment

I have had this on PS2 for yonks but ended up playing PSI OPS instead, which was a similarish game (and a slightly overrated one).

Cannot invert aim? Are we saying it's locked to uninverted Y?

If so, I can't...I just can't. Invert Y all the way! Thank god the Xbox 360 saw fit to include invert options in its dashboard. This will allow me to play ALEKHINE'S GUN. Life is the gift that keeps on giving.

Doesn't this have (a) minigame(s)?

Comment

Working...
              X