Huntdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Get stuck in chaps, it's run-n-gun perfection.
    So true

Comment

Started playing this the other night. I like the slide mechanic a lot, but there's a few other bits I'm not digging quite so much? The pixel art in game is nice, but I'm not sure some of the full screen single images are as polished or easy on the eye. I'll stick with it mind, just not immediately fallen in love.

Anyway, my main other reason for posting was that I got curious about the voice acting. I picked the human guy as my character and he sounds so much like Duke Nukem that I had to go see if it was the same voice actor. While I could not confirm that he - Jon St John - has a role in the game, I did learn that he is an ordained minister. I am not kidding.

Comment

That sounds good but I would really rather have my wedding officiated by David Hayter.

"Love can bloom on a battlefield. At any time, any place, people can fall in love with each other."

Maybe Duke Nukem could be the ringbearer, though.

Comment

Finished up, and yeah, it's decent. Don't think it totally won me around, but I enjoyed it a lot more than Broforce. They both suffer from the same issue, which is that they try and be tongue in cheek about a love of 80s action nonsense, yet it is rammed down your throat at every opportunity, and a lot of the time it is just not that funny, even when you are in on the joke. I very briefly started up a new save with a different character though, and oh boy do I wish I'd pick Anna Conda instead of John Sawyer. First impressions are that her VO is considerably less irritating than his.

Some decent weapons, bosses, art and action though.

Comment

Huntdown is in fact the finest game ever made and one can only apologise to readers of this thread for fuse's cheeseparing commentary. Anna Conda FTW.

Comment

This gem of a game is currently £6.39 on PSN Store (60% off)

Comment

Did two more sections of this the other day and, after learning the boss patterns, really enjoyed it.

Comment

This is currently £3.99 on the PlayStation Store.

The way sales are handled on the Microsoft Store is so much worse it's maddening, and this particular game illustrates this well. Since its release a bit over two years ago, it has been offered for a reduced price on the PlayStation Store eleven times, with £3.99 being the lowest of those offers. On the Microsoft Store, that happened once more than a year and a half ago and for Gold members only!

Comment

£3.99 is an insult to this majestic game. It deserves to be bought for thousands: https://huntdown.com/arcade/

Comment

I very much want that.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I very much want that.
                        Stick one in your beer cave. Necessary business investment...

Comment

Bought on the strength of this thread, thank you

Comment

FINE! I'VE BOUGHT IT!
                            Stop nagging me, now!

Comment

If you don't like it, I'd be so surprised I'd personally refund your entry fee.

Comment

It's ****ing exceptional stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X