• Show
Clear All

Oh man, just found

Snake Pliskin

this game just keeps on giving!

Comment

8.5/9? Unusually scoring system but high score nonetheless

Comment

You'd have to be high to not use a scoring system that goes up to 11.

Comment

The scores out of ten rating system is on furlough.

Comment

Pretty sure I'm on the last boss now ... had a few attempts and will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              The scores out of ten rating system is on furlough.
              So it's out of 8, which the government is providing?

Comment

Less daft questions, more buying Huntdown needed from you.

Comment

Just finished this tonight. Difficulty spiked in areas 3 and 4 with a final battle that took many attempts before I sussed it. Tbh I enjoyed the earlier areas more when I just felt badass ... but then again, the more challenging areas did feel rewarding to master. Cracking game overall. Exceeded all expectations. Worth every penny.

Comment

The developers are making an arcade version.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Just finished this tonight. Difficulty spiked in areas 3 and 4 with a final battle that took many attempts before I sussed it. Tbh I enjoyed the earlier areas more when I just felt badass ... but then again, the more challenging areas did feel rewarding to master. Cracking game overall. Exceeded all expectations. Worth every penny.
                      Yeah the bosses are initially daunting, but after a few restarts and learning the patterns, they are quickly beatable. I’m at the industrial level at the minute and it’s great fun. Love the ‘APB’ style mugshots of the bosses, great OST, duke nuke my voice overs, backgrounds and overall playability. Between SOR 4, Ion fury and this, it’s been a great time for modern retro.

Comment

Hey everyone, look! It's that new Cyberpunk 2077 game running on a base PS4!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

Did you like my funny joke? It's not really that other game, it's this Huntdown one.

Been playing since Monday on Switch and - to add to the consensus here - it's glorious. Up with the best of the modern retro pack that manage actually to improve on nostalgia, such as - for me - Shovel Knight. It's easily better than other recent-ish attempts to update the run-n-gun formula (e.g. the rather scrappy Broforce and Super Time Force), and the copious 80s references and one-liners are fun, clever and even quite subtle rather than gratingly forced and tedious like in Retro City Rampage. Tons of bosses, each of them with distinctive mechanics that are a joy to puzzle out. Environments are great. I've read some reviews that complain they are too samey. I'm not feeling that. They do very well with the general urban dystopia pallete that is a staple of the genre they're drawing on such as The Warriors and Escape from New York, and areas introduce new enemy types and weapons at a good rate. Weapons are varied and really impactful to use. My one tiny criticism would be that it's occasionally unclear what is a platform you can stand on and what is set-dressing, especially in areas that are visually more busy (check me out in downtown level 4.1 above), but that really is nitpicking. It's fantastic, and I find myself actually pleasurably 'addicted' to a game for the first time in a long time.
                        Last edited by Golgo; 10-12-2020, 11:51.

Comment

Finished this a few nights ago (normal difficulty: challenging enough) and have been going back to mop up collectibles and easter eggs with other bounty hunters, after using the phenomenally funny Anna Conda (Pam Grier, basically) as my 'main'. Fantastic game. So much love and detail poured into it, and a super-tight gameplay experience to boot topped off with thumping sound effects and John Carpenter-esque music. Best run-n-gunner I've played since Astro Boy on the GBA.

Comment

Just picked this up on the US store for $11.99. Looking forward to playing it

Comment

I played through the first level and loved it. Then stuff happened. Thank you for reminding me I need to finish it!

Comment

Get stuck in chaps, it's run-n-gun perfection.

Comment

Working...
                                X