Paper Mario: The Origami King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Mario: The Origami King

Definitely gets its own thread because at this point Nintendo having a major new game for Switch's release schedule is becoming a rarer event.

The new ring based battle system:

I've still never gone through Super Paper Mario or Paper Mario: Color Splash, nice to see the visuals survive

Out 17 July 2020

Super excited! (praying its a return to form ala Thousand Year Door)

Nice to still see some surprise announcements for the near future too!

Comment

sheeeeeeeeeet!

Looks great!

Comment

Gorgeously colourful!!

Switch Lite me do!!

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

Can't wait to make me some real paper Paper Mario origamis like those in there!

Comment

Hope this is more like the N64 and GameCube Paper Marios than the half-baked rubbish the series has given us since!

Comment

Pre order in

Comment

If it's anything like the first two games in the series, I'm all over this. If it's like Sticker Star, Colour Splash or Super Paper Mario... less so.

Comment

First Paper Mario game that I've ever had any interest in playing, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                      Hope this is more like the N64 and GameCube Paper Marios than the half-baked rubbish the series has given us since!
                      Are they that bad? Still got colour splash sealed on my shelf prob never to be played

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Are they that bad? Still got colour splash sealed on my shelf prob never to be played
                        Oh, forgot about that one. Whoops. Never played that one, to be honest.

Perhaps “half-baked rubbish” is too harsh a description of the games after TTYD, objectively, but it’s been a disappointing series for me, particularly seeing the JRPG elements stripped away. It’s never been able to reach the heights of the first two games.

Comment

Working...
                        X