Ride 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride 4

Out on PS4, XBO and PC, the motorcycle racer reaches its fourth installment on 08 October 2020

I bought Ride 1, it was dreadful.

I bought Ride 2 hoping that they'd managed to improve it. It was dreadful.

I added Ride 3 to my wishlist, hoping that they'd managed to improve it, looking for a sale. I didn't think it was worth it from user feedback and increasing amount of content held back as DLC.

I have little hope Ride 4 will be a good game. I can tell you right now, that's not how a Yamaha R1 sounds.

It's about as close to riding a motorcycle as putting on a crash helmet and blasting a hairdrier in your face.
    Last edited by MartyG; 14-05-2020, 14:39.

Comment

Bought it in the sales just on the off chance it was better than the previous games - it isn't. Garbage handling, just as previous games. It's like piloting a bike in a jar of treacle - bikes simply do not behave like this in real life, they carve up corners and sports bikes in particular just turn as if they already know what you want them to do lean, rip the corner, throttle out. This game is none of that - it's not even a good arcade game - the controls just kill it and there's no way to adjust any of it in the setup.

Maybe in the bike setup you might be able to tweak steering input to be more responsive, but it's just not worth the effort - I wanted this to be good to make up for the lack of real biking over winter, but this is a waste of money - skip it.

In fact, burn it with fire.

I give it 3 smelly skid marks out of 10.

edit: Refunded (something I rarely do) and no, I will not buy Ride 5 when that gets dumped out because it will be just as smelly a turd.
      Last edited by MartyG; 30-12-2021, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
      X