Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Eurogamer says their sources have backed up a leak confirming the next Call of Duty to be called Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

The next game is once again from Treyarch and is presumably destined for PC, PS4, PS5 and Xbox and seems to be finally abandoning the future setting entirely. Given Activisions plans to commit to Warzone in the long term the new game will likely skip a Battle Royale mode so I'd guess Zombies will be a firm focus again also.

If this can capture the same magic MW did in rebooting that subseries, this will be great. Who knows if it will, though? I'm slightly concerned that it's presumably only been in dev for about 2 years.

The last Blops I played was 3, and that was pretty terrible really. Not a patch on MW 2019 in any respect.

For those more in the know - is there any continuity on the multiplayer side of these games these days? I've sunk a fair amount of time into MW multiplayer, will anything at all carry over do we think, or will it be a case of starting completely fresh in Cold War?

Comment

Complete refresh

Comment

As Warzone hits 75m users, it will be used to announced Cold War.
        Frankly, this is where GTAOnline should go with Rockstar wants to milk it and then release GTA6 as a SP title

Comment

Full reveal on 26 August but the teaser nails the tone of the first Black Ops game and hits the nail on the head for relevance to the state of the US right now:

Comment

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War: Plus Alpha: Dash: Turbo: Gold Edition

Comment

Leaked gameplay

Comment

I'm on the fence with this one. I still haven't finished the MW campaign from the reboot but it felt decent and Warzone shows they've made the right moves with cross-play and F2P for that mode... plus it doesn't hurt that is plays pretty good (even though I like Warzone but not so much the default MP).

I really like the original Black Ops. For me that was the best story (IMO) and multiplayer had depth as well. I really hope they can capture all that and reboot because if they can I will pick it up for next gen. Otherwise I think I will just pass and stick to F2P Warzone.

Comment

Activision has learnt nothing

Comment

Incredible... I'll be skipping this one as I found Modern Warfare to be pretty average.

Comment

So is going to take up a 3rd of the PS5 hard drive then. Absolutely disgusting to be honest, theres zero need for any of these games to be taking up this much space.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        So is going to take up a 3rd of the PS5 hard drive then. Absolutely disgusting to be honest, theres zero need for any of these games to be taking up this much space.
                        Taking up over half of the Series S for sure... no thanks.

Comment

Cementing one of the reasons why I don't play COD all year round anymore, the new game will launch with just 8 multiplayer maps as Activision continues to compromise the content of the games to focus on milking Warzone's teats.

New CODs have very much become a Nov-Jan thing for me these days due to stuff like this, making DLC free just gave them license to drip feed a fraction of the content.

Comment

Yeah I'm out... Warzone is boring and the multiplayer was lame in Modern Warfare anyway. I'll save my precious SSD space for something else.

Comment

I only play the campaign mode then sell it

Comment

Working...
                              X