Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Console Scaler Project (Apply custom firmware to get a Framemeister beater)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console Scaler Project (Apply custom firmware to get a Framemeister beater)

Item consists of the Sourceforge Scaler itself along with its optional & rather swanky looking Acrylic Case, official UK power supply, the required Arduino Board & RGB Scart cable. I will also be adding a decent quality VGA cable.

Connect say a Wii, DC, Saturn, PS2, original Xbox, etc to a VGA Port.

The box has a small scanline board that will need to be "de-soldered", the Arduino board will take over Scanline duties.

A Manual can be read here :

Pic of items here :

You can additionally buy a Jamma Adapter for it here - http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-St...r-PCB::70.html

£35 delivered via a courier.
    Last edited by paulus; 20-06-2020, 18:54. Reason: Arduino board added

Update - new info found, price changed.
    Last edited by paulus; 20-06-2020, 16:38.

Comment

Update - I discovered today that this equipment has had a radical new firmware developed for it. Some users have described it as Game changing. Basically you add a £6 Arduiono board & a £5 HDMI adapter & then apply the new CFW. It then puts out a truly wonderful picture with around a half a frame of lag. The board can be fully controlled on the fly with a browser (it connects wirelessly to the Arduino Board). The resolution can be changed or things like HQ Scanlines can be added.

Anyone fancy a nice Lockdown Project?

Custom firmware information / review

Gbscontrol: https://github.com/ramapcsx2/gbs-controlGbscontrol is an alternative control software for Tvia Trueview5725 based upscalers / video converter boa...

Test videos:

Last edited by paulus; 20-06-2020, 16:39.

Comment

Update - Bob has tested all the video game scalers for lag, he's left the one above till last. States that with the custom firmware added it beats the Framemeister.

Link - https://youtu.be/7VOsOuQ5mhM

Comment

Blimey! I recognise that scaler - looks like one I sent out into the wild :-)

To anyone thinking of getting this to put the new software on, it really does give impressive results, I just set one up at the weekend. And now I have a scaler that will let me CMVS work with my really picky Sony TV (it worked with the framemeister, but not the OSSC no mater how much tweaking I did).

Pete

Comment

I'm selling it because I have zero soldering skills. How much to do mine for me

Comment

Hiya, tried PM'ing you to discuss, but you're full up....

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                Hiya, tried PM'ing you to discuss, but you're full up....
                Sorry bud, emptied now

Comment

UPDATE - I have now ordered the specific Arduino board (£6.50) that needs to be used with this scaler, this lot now contains everything needed for the conversion.
                  Last edited by paulus; 20-06-2020, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                    UPDATE - I have now ordered the specific Arduino board (£6.50) that needs to be used with this scaler, this lot now contains everything needed for the conversion.
                    Do you still have this? Might be a good project to take up.

Comment

Yes bud, all yours if you want

Comment

SOLD.

Comment

And we are in!! Now to desolder and solder....

Comment

Well done bud, let us all know what the image quality is like too.

Comment

Working...
                            X