Phantasy Star Online 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star Online 2

So it's out on Xbox One and PC via the MS Store in NA. Tons of players in the lobbies, so many in fact it was severely lagging. Quests were fine though. It is day one for the PC release so we'll see how it holds up.

Installation went smoothly for me considering you have to use the MS store. You do need the Xbox App installed which isn't mentioned when you first install the game and you aren't prompted to install it. You end up stuck on the start screen without it.

Gameplay wise it's still a lot of fun. There's a lot of content here that I always ignored back when I played on the JP servers. It's a bit overwelming but I'll pick it up in time.

I selected JP voices at first but it didn't quite feel right when certain words were localised as wanker for example in the subtitles. I switched to English which sounds good tbh.

People are raging on the official forums as tends to happen, but I can see myself sinking a decent chunk of time into this again.

Looks like there are issues with the ms store again. The game worked the first time for me and then decided that it needs to download itself each time I try to play it

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      Looks like there are issues with the ms store again. The game worked the first time for me and then decided that it needs to download itself each time I try to play it
      This happened to me as well. Even worse, it backed up the original install to a folder named MutableBackup and did not delete it.

If you want to check if the same has happened to you, download a program called TreeSize and run it as admin. Scan the drive you installed the game to and if you have a 50GB+ MutableBackup folder then you'll likely have the same issue.

You can install the game without using the Windows Store now, using an amazing fan made tool called PSO2 Tweaker. It's the best way to install/update/play the game.

As for the game itself, I'm still learning it after 20+ hours. There's so much content, it's ridiculous and I love it. I need to read up on the best way to level my mag. I keep putting it off, just because it's so easy to log in each day for an hour or two, complete the daily quests, do a little bit of the story and then log off.

Comment

Ah thanks for that, I`d all but given up. I`ll have a got with that app later on.

Thanks

Comment

Some of my buds are poking about in this, has anyone tried to deal with the XB1 version? Does it control ok? I assume I'll need a gold subscription?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Some of my buds are poking about in this, has anyone tried to deal with the XB1 version? Does it control ok? I assume I'll need a gold subscription?
            Feedback seems to be good for the Xbone version. it does require a Gold sub though.

Comment

Working...
            X