No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having an absolute ‘mare with Mame & FBA. I’m using games from the rom sets that allegedly work, yet still no joy. Has anyone successfully set there’s up that could give some tips? All the console stuff is easy but this just seems to be a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Still having an absolute ‘mare with Mame & FBA. I’m using games from the rom sets that allegedly work, yet still no joy. Has anyone successfully set there’s up that could give some tips? All the console stuff is easy but this just seems to be a pain in the arse.
      Afraid not. Honestly with these devices I haven't really gone near MAME before; it always feels like too much effort

Comment

Ah the borders down cycle continues, place your bets to how long Colin’s lasts before appearing in a sales thread lol.

You’d have thought that with all these models China would have perfected it by now, maybe they deliberately leave one thing out so people keep buying the next one.

Comment

Some stay, many go!

Admittedly in the last 15 years only my PS3/4 and Raspberry Pi have lasted though............

Comment

When you sold your PCE that really was a landmark. Suggests to me the aforementioned PS3/4/Rpi are mere passengers living on borrowed time...

Comment

@Yakumo's new video might be useful to some:

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Some stay, many go!

Admittedly in the last 15 years only my PS3/4 and Raspberry Pi have lasted though............
                Joking aside, I think you've got a really healthy attitude to your collection - culling what you don't need and not just boxes for the sake of it, if the collecting side doesn't make you happy.

Comment

I don't have any interest in collecting now. Married life and three businesses, I don't have the time for filling my house with gaming stuff. The minis were a bit of fun when I had a ton of time on my hands during lockdown, but realistically using the Pi with system dedicated controllers is better as I have the exact library I want on it and not what the makers of the minis dictate.

Comment

The RK2020 looks good... Though admittedly, while these devices claim to do DC emulation, that Jet Set Radio demonstration shows that they can't quite do it IMO.

EDIT: Decided to take a punt on one of these:

Last edited by Asura; 15-09-2020, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      The RK2020 looks good... Though admittedly, while these devices claim to do DC emulation, that Jet Set Radio demonstration shows that they can't quite do it IMO.

EDIT: Decided to take a punt on one of these:

https://www.tomtop.com/p-f2067r.html
                      I have one of those. Review is coming next Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        I have one of those. Review is coming next Monday.
                        I literally just need it to do a good job with GBA titles, with MD and SNES as a bonus. I'm thinking of replacing our GBASP-AGS101 with it, and getting rid of the games to save on space.

Comment

I'm just popping in to see if [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]'s fed up configuring and putting it in the sales thread yet.

Comment

FBA up and running!

Comment

Yeah, this auto tate thing for vert shmups with the controls rotating without fiddling in the settings is a lovely, lovely thing. I love that you can use either the d-pad up top or analogue pad at the bottom, though I've come to favour the analogue more so far.

Comment

When you’re ready to sell, Colin, let me know! The black one is the one I’m after.

Comment

Working...
                                X