X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Are you using any overlays there? I really like the look of these:
    ]
    I am, yes. They are on by default and look very nice. The screen on this thing is amazing. It has perfect viewing angles just like my phone's superOLED screen. I wonder if this is also using a SuperOLED. I mean, you can see it at the exact same colour and clarity at a full 90degrees to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I am, yes. They are on by default and look very nice. The screen on this thing is amazing. It has perfect viewing angles just like my phone's superOLED screen. I wonder if this is also using a SuperOLED. I mean, you can see it at the exact same colour and clarity at a full 90degrees to the side.
      It's an IPS screen, that'll explain the viewing angles.

Comment

Yakumo, will you be covering the Miyoo Mini? It looks like a worthy opponent for the RG280V. At €65 I'll be on it after the community rip it open.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
          I agree in general, but the original DMG was fat enough to not be an issue. The Pocket/Light/Colour models were uncomfortable to play for long periods.

I guess the V model has the nostalgic look and feel about it which adds something.
          I think the thing is with the Pocket and Colour is that they were designed for kids' hands.

Similarly I find the Switch Joycons really fiddly but I bet they're totally fine for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Yakumo, will you be covering the Miyoo Mini? It looks like a worthy opponent for the RG280V. At €65 I'll be on it after the community rip it open.
            I'll see if I can get one but not promise.

Comment

I rarely play my RG350. I pick it up once in a while if I'm feeling nostalgic, but at the same time maybe off work with man flu or something. So, today I picked it up to find that it would not power up. Tried charging it (using USB2 port), only to find that still no life. No light to indicate charging, nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I rarely play my RG350. I pick it up once in a while if I'm feeling nostalgic, but at the same time maybe off work with man flu or something. So, today I picked it up to find that it would not power up. Tried charging it (using USB2 port), only to find that still no life. No light to indicate charging, nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
                Sounds like the issue I have with my "New" 3DS. Try leaving it on charge for a good few hours if you have not done so. Also, makes sure the OS files are fine on the SD card. Saying that, even if they weren't, you should still get a power light.

Comment

ANBERNIC refunded my 280v, though it puts me off buying another.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    My RG350M can be funny with certain chargers, for instance it won’t work with my Switch charger. I’d advise using the cable it came with and a standard 1A or 2A charger, certainly not any kind of fast charger.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Probably worth paying a bit extra and buying from a U.K. supplier. I bought my 350M from droix.co.uk and their service was great. Fortunately I’ve not had any issues so no need to test their returns policy, but surely it’d be better than sending something back to China.

Comment

Can't get an Analogue Pocket? Anbernic has you covered

Comment

I've been picking away at N64 titles on the RG351 for a while now, whilst it's doable to an extent it definitely falls short of what's enjoyable more often than it works well enough. Too many bugs and performance wrinkles, I've got a few more to try and then I'll switch to stretching Saturn titles on it

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            As a follow-up, the 280v was heavily discounted then seems to have dried up everywhere; not only did I have problems, but I see many others online who did too. I suspect the whole 280v line was a bit off.

The problem I had, the screen not being correctly glued to the housing - as well as it coming off over time - seem very common.

It's a shame as it was a really nice little unit in-the-hand.

Comment

I keep flim-flamming on these things.
                              Currently lusting after either AYN Odin or more reasonably priced an Anbernic RG351MP or V.

Realistically, I'm just going to want to hop on for 10 minutes, so the Odin seems a bit luxurious for that.

Comment

Wow, that Odin looks shamazing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X