No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RG350M is quite a bit pricier, double the 60 pounds I see other models going for new on ebay uk. Is it really worth the extra price? Plus no purple buttoned model at present.

I will be awaiting Yakumo's review with interest.

Here is a review of the 350M from another source.

Apparently, it is a lot heavier and battery life not as good as the 350 due to better screen

Here is a side by side comparison video I found between the 350 and 350M

Last edited by CAPCOM; 20-06-2020, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      The RG350M is quite a bit pricier, double the 60 pounds I see other models going for new on ebay uk. Is it really worth the extra price? Plus no purple buttoned model at present.

I will be awaiting Yakumo's review with interest.

Here is a review of the 350M from another source.

The Anbernic RG350 is the standard by which all modern gaming handhelds are measured. For its solid performance, good compatibility, and large user base, the...

Apparently, it is a lot heavier and battery life not as good as the 350 due to better screen

Here is a side by side comparison video I found between the 350 and 350M

https://youtu.be/kUG2Pgf00HE
      My video will go live on Wednesday. For now Patreon supporters have exclusive access.
      I can confirm the weight is more.

Comment

Whar's the best, economic hand helds? I see ones listed for 50 quid. Any emulation is great, don't need the very best. I'm not sure if a Vita is worth it now. Does anyone have a top 5 list or something? And they seem to come out every month, who can keep up with the releases.

Comment

If you can get the RS-97 for 50 or under, that's a good deal. Maybe if lucky you can get the LDK also for that price.

Comment

Thanks. I know it's a measure of power, but the reviews are excited about PSX / PS1 support. Didn't the PSP already do that, cheap? It's like buying a fancy PC to play Dreamcast games, when you have a Dreamcast gathering dust.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              Thanks. I know it's a measure of power, but the reviews are excited about PSX / PS1 support. Didn't the PSP already do that, cheap? It's like buying a fancy PC to play Dreamcast games, when you have a Dreamcast gathering dust.
              Generally people are not playing just PS1 games but a whole host of retro consoles, no? So the 4:3 screens of these open-source handhelds are more conducive to retro emulation. Also there are other things to consider like size/form-factor (the PSP is huge!) and battery life.

But sure, if you want a cheap PS1 emulation device, why not buy a PSP.

Comment

Yes, all your points are correct, especially aspect ratio (forgot the PSP screen dimensions). I had a Vita but never did get to see how it is for emulation, I guess it was locked down except for it's PSP modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  My video will go live on Wednesday. For now Patreon supporters have exclusive access.
                  I can confirm the weight is more.
                  Fantastic video @Yakumo. I'm seriously considering springing for one of these, and ditching my AGS-101 in the process. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these things for literally years, and it looks like we've finally got one at a level I'd be happy with.

Like I struggle to see why I'd buy a modded GBA over something like this.

Comment

Will watch video in a jiffy...will probably get one in honesty for MAME, PSX, PC Engine and Amiga plus premium nature of device. It just makes sense one device that does everything and it looks very good.

What I really want to know however is with Nintendo shutting down ROM sites through the past decade ruthlessly and the retro console boom with the mini, why have they not come down hard on these devices?
                    Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-06-2020, 23:55.

Comment

What I really want to know however is with Nintendo shutting down ROM sites through the past decade ruthlessly and the retro console boom with the mini, why have they not come down hard on these devices?
                      a. Emulation isn't illegal.
                      b. These devices can play a multitude of software. It takes the user to install the ROMS, they aren't sold with them on.

Talk in this thread has reminded me about the Odroid Go Advance. Which now has a new 'Black Edition' including R1/R2 buttons, USB C and WiFi. Getting tempted.

Comment

The devices are pre-installed with games.

Comment

The devices are pre-installed with games.
                          Whoops, didn't realise that. Not just homebrew and open-source?

I guess then it's just flying under the radar atm.

Comment

Nintendo didn't really do a great job at shutting emuparadise down either, the rom download links have been removed on that site but someone invented a browser plugin that redirects to where the files still are on their servers pretty much 90% of everything is still obtainable lol

Comment

Not to mention romset torrents with almost everything included.

Comment

I really should have researched before I replied, as not I can see these are full of ROMs! Even on Amazon UK - as clear as day 3,000+ games.

Comment

Working...
                                X