No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another great and enthusiastic review of the 350M.

The RG350M is the latest retro handheld and it's a full upgrade to the older Retro Game 350, with a new aluminium body, screen & button layout.WHERE TO BUY: ...

Can anyone comment on the state of N64 emulation on it having tested it out for themselves?

Comment

I went for one on the 3rd, and it hasn't arrived yet - but it's supposed to be here tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Nintendo didn't really do a great job at shutting emuparadise down either, the rom download links have been removed on that site but someone invented a browser plugin that redirects to where the files still are on their servers pretty much 90% of everything is still obtainable lol
        I tried the script to look for a rip of a game I own but it never worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          I tried the script to look for a rip of a game I own but it never worked for me.
          which game? i can have a try on my end

Comment

It was more than one, Einhander I think but I'd rather figure out scripts. And Thank You.

Comment

It was more than one, Einhander I think but I'd rather figure out scripts. And Thank You.
              just tried it on the usa version and it downloaded ok, are you using the script that worked in conjunction with the tampermonkey plugin?. I use chrome when i use the script. this reddit thread shows you how to install the script just in case you didn't have it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/commen...paradise_roms/

ignore my advice if you already know but when the tampermonkey workaround is active you will need to click on the links that say workaround script and not the original links as those don't work anymore.

and mods there's no rom links in that link just in case you were wondering

Comment

Thanks mate, I tried that exact script and plugin but never chrome. It was frustrating. Thanks. Oh yeah years after first playing it I'm a big fan of Zanac Neo, but very crap at it. Compile.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Zanac Neo, but very crap at it. Compile.
                  Yeah, it's a tough game, but I always go back for more. Such an attractive game with good music.

Comment

Its a great game but yeah it's super tough mainly as i find it damn hard to focus as the backgrounds can be super distracting. Love the title music how it starts out all retro sounding but then the new slowly fades in, one of the games i'm really pleased to have in my library.

Comment

So my RG-350M arrived.

Firstly, packaging etc., all great. In the hand, the unit is top-notch; it really doesn't feel like one of these Android devices. Shape's great, buttons are great, can't fault any of those things. It even arrived fully charged.

Booted it up and I've had a few hiccups though which are concerning me.

The first one is that the Neo Geo Pocket Color emulation (which is one of the main reasons I bought it) feels kinda spotty. The performance in Cardfighters was bad, and it's obviously because of the resolution but the scaling really mangles the sprites. Not much can be done about that last part but it's very noticeable.

Tried a few PS1 games, and people online have said it runs them really well - but they seem very frameskippy to me? I didn't get it for PS1, so that's not the biggest concern, but I think it's wrong to suggest this machine runs PS1 as well as the PSP (which is practically flawless). It might be "good enough" for some, but I find that kinda intolerable, so that's something I'll need to evaluate more (it might vary depending on the game).

However, a bigger issue is that it keeps stuttering/hitching, and it has happened in Picodrive, the SNES emulator and the NGPC one. I get a visual and audio hiccup when it happens; and this isn't in something like Starfox either; it was in games like Sonic 3. This makes me concerned I might have a defective unit, which is really worrying as I'm not sure how much help you'd get with that.

All in all... I'm unsure about it. I suspect these might be the sorts of things you can fix with work... But that's a problem as I kinda don't want to have to tinker with it, or it becomes about tinkering with the unit instead of just using it.

EDIT: Second go and I didn't encounter a stutter; maybe it just needed a shakedown?
                      Last edited by Asura; 13-06-2020, 13:34.

Comment

Asura can you try out some N64 games when you get the chance and give your thoughts. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                          Asura can you try out some N64 games when you get the chance and give your thoughts. Thanks
                          Sorry, but I can't - it doesn't have an N64 emulator preinstalled, and I honestly don't know how you'd install one.

EDIT: Something I just noticed; the rubber pads on the back, as well as being grips - they stop the unit sliding off a table if you put it down. If it was just aluminium on the back, it would probably gradually slide off anything not totally flat.
                          Last edited by Asura; 13-06-2020, 15:12.

Comment

I want one of these but found a PSP lying around that I forgot about. Someone said they're much larger but they're not huge for a quick game. Does anyone have an answer for this, I had a brand new extended battery just boxed up, when I opened it I see it's increased in size. It's swollen by a third of it's size.

Comment

I want one of these but found a PSP lying around that I forgot about. Someone said they're much larger but they're not huge for a quick game. Does anyone have an answer for this, I had a brand new extended battery just boxed up, when I opened it I see it's increased in size. It's swollen by a third of it's size.
                              The battery thing? Yeah, that was a problem back when the PSP was new, I recall. Is the battery the Datel MAX battery?

All rechargeable batteries die eventually, and this often happens; this is a problem for devices which use non-standard batteries (so most, these days). As someone who briefly got back into Minidisc a couple of years ago, this was a problem, because the "gumstick" batteries have all failed, many have exploded, and no-one makes them anymore (I think that now a few companies have started making them, observing a gap in the market).

Comment

I was given some minidisc players in new condition, all worked but I don't have them. Wish I'd sold them.

The PSP battery was the official large one bought way after launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X