No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a new bittboy due? I love the stylings of those and surely the next one will be similar to the anbernic.

Comment

"Powkiddy V90: A compact retro handheld games console with up to four hours battery life"

Comment

Got this the other day. Yep, it's metal too.

New RG https://imgur.com/gallery/4xJLS8b
        Last edited by Yakumo; 16-07-2020, 15:28.

Comment

Do you find it's limited with only one analogue stick?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            That’s the thing that puts me off the smaller Anbernic - the lack of right stick effectively removes the tate mode option.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Not at all since only a few PlayStation games would require 2 and those games can be played just fine using digital pads.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                So this is a super cool mod to cover that disgusting ANBERIC logo. I’d be tempted myself but I just bought a GPD XD Plus..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SakuraRetroModding

Returned my GPD and bought a rg350m instead. Didn’t like the GPD and found it a bit outdated.
                Last edited by SuperDanX; 20-07-2020, 21:02.

Comment

Will the 350m run all region PS1 games? I remember it being a bit of a faff getting the likes of Zanac X Zanac running on my raspberry pi.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Will the 350m run all region PS1 games? I remember it being a bit of a faff getting the likes of Zanac X Zanac running on my raspberry pi.
                    From what I understand, yes. I've only ran American/Euro games on mine but it uses a region-free BIOS.

Comment

The RG350P just launched as Anbernic knocks out variants like mad. A plastic shelled version of the RG350M, this new model also reverts the screen back to being 320x240 LCD.

Comment

For those of us losing track of all these devices, here's a list of current and upcoming Abernic handhelds.
                        As Neon says, the 350P is a plastic version of the 350M, but has a lower resolution screen to save battery power.
                        A compromise too far?

RG99 JZ4725B 2.8″ 320×480 Weakest processor, RG300 form factor.
                        RG300 JZ4760B 3.0″ 320×480 Weaker processor than JZ4770. Portrait mode.
                        RG350 JZ4770 3.5″ 320×240 First RG350 Device
                        RG350M JZ4770 3.5″ 640×480 Metal shell, improved layout & controls and high res LCD
                        RG280M JZ4770 2.8″ 320×480 Metal shell, improved layout & controls, smaller form factor, one analog
                        RG350P JZ4770 3.5″ 320×240 Plastic shell, improved layout & controls, original resolution LCD
                        RG351P RK3326 3.5″ 480×320 Forthcoming OGA clone. Most powerful device.

Comment

So will the RG351P be able to emulate DC games? The RK2020 is an OGA clone isn't it or am I getting mixed up?

Comment

Apparently though a lot will rest on if it's more stable than the RK2020 otherwise the wait continues.

Comment

Oh FFS, I was teetering on the edge of buying a 350M, but if the 350P is going to have good DC emulation I'll hang off for that.

Comment

Looks like I need to hold on just a little more for an RG-351M to be announced.

Shame they didn’t go for a 640 x 480 screen in the RG-351P if it can handle DC emulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X