ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m quite tempted on the 350M.

Has anyone picked one up in the UK and where did they pick it up from?

Comment

Dreamcast would be cool. I'd consider trading in my RG350 for something like that. I have no idea on the state of current emulation capabilities, but what are the chances of playing Sega Saturn games on devices like these?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post

i got mine from AliExpress but if you want to buy from the U.K. you can get them here https://droidbox.co.uk/vintage-gaming-consoles.html

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
          i got mine from AliExpress but if you want to buy from the U.K. you can get them here https://droidbox.co.uk/vintage-gaming-consoles.html
          Nice, thanks for the recommendation Dan! Still enjoying yours?

Comment

I picked mine up from the seller listed in Yakumo's video review. It shipped from a warehouse in England so no customs charges. Cost about £90.

Comment

I got my RG350M from TomTop, which I think was the same supplier Yakumo listed. It arrived pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                but what are the chances of playing Sega Saturn games on devices like these?
                Zero. At least, at a pace where you'd want to play them.

I've been looking at Saturn emulation recently and it's come a long way, but it still requires a higher class of computing power than of which these devices are capable.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the recommendation Dan! Still enjoying yours?
                  Haven’t actually received it yet, when it arrives I’ll chip in with some impressions, that said I’ve not heard of anyone being disappointed with the 350m.

Comment

Maybe it's silly of me to assume, but with PS1 emulation being really good on modern devices, I thought we'd have a good chance of nearly being there. Especially seeing how you guys were talking about the possibility of emulating Dreamcast.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Maybe it's silly of me to assume, but with PS1 emulation being really good on modern devices, I thought we'd have a good chance of nearly being there. Especially seeing how you guys were talking about the possibility of emulating Dreamcast.
                      Unfortunately the Saturn is in the same boat as the PS2 (and 3, when people talk about emulating those in the coming years) - they've got unusual architecture.

The Dreamcast comparably is much easier than the Saturn, because it functions closer to a PC than any of the consoles of its era. In essence, the Dreamcast was the prototype for nearly all consoles that followed; the Xbox, GameCube, 360, PS4, XBO, and the XB Series X EX Special Champion Edition +Alpha and PS5. It'd be wrong to say "the Dreamcast is just a PC" in the way that the Xbox literally was just a PC of sorts... But it was a huge step closer to this modern norm over anything prior to it.

Comment

Android emulation seems to be really strong, presumably that's were things are headed for these but still years away

Comment

Only just read that speculation has it that the RG351 may be out by the end of August which if true and it's decent may be my caving point

Comment

Some of these systems are starting to look really interesting!

Comment

I've got one of those top ones with the metal stick. Not opened it yet. It comes with a 9inch screen too. That's quite large.

Comment

I've no idea about these devices but Saturn runs perfectly on an Nvidia Shield TV and has done for ages if that's anyones bag.
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X