ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    It varies. This ties in to what I said above; console games simply weren't designed for handhelds on a purely practical level, so it's not so much about screen shape but rather size. Though, admittedly, due to being SD, older console games tended to have larger text so it often balances out.

I spent a bit of time playing Front Mission 3 and I can tell you that was playable, and being an SRPG, that's quite text-heavy. Back when I tried that on the 350M, I saw some slowdown in the combat scenes which is not present on the 351. Though slowdown can be hard to judge on some platforms as in some cases, the console is faithfully re-creating slowdown that existed in the original product.
    I don't think it was necessarily the amount of text that was the problem but it was whenever a game would use the PSX hi-res mode. For the record, if anyone else has the issue, set scaling to hardware and pixel aspect ratio off. Then hi-res screens wil display fine on the RG-350M.

Aside from that here's another advantage for the 351 range:

Last updated: 10JAN2023 (see Changelog for details) Yep, you can play Half-Life on the RG351P, using the ArkOS operating system. Here’s a quick guide on getting it started up. UPDATE (10JAN20…

Jealous, yes I am!

Comment

I've been pleased that I've sorted out a bunch of woes with mine as far as the following systems were concerned and now have them running.

PCE CD -

MCD -

MAME/FBA. This was one of my biggest hassles, but now that I have both running well it actually runs things like Demon Front faster and better than my RPi -

Such a class wee system. Would definitely like DC emulation in the next gen of these things though.

Comment

I've just been testing out the RG-280v. It's yet another premium device from Anbernic. I'll be publishing the review next week.

Comment

The form factor of the 280V looks great. I’m thinking of getting one for my sis for her birthday and setting it up with her old GBC and GG games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I've just been testing out the RG-280v. It's yet another premium device from Anbernic. I'll be publishing the review next week.
            Well that is a cute retro Nintendo looking device. I look forward to your video and seeing what it's capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Well that is a cute retro Nintendo looking device. I look forward to your video and seeing what it's capable of.

It's not going to be any better than the RG-350 but I just love the feel of it. It also has a very nice glass screen.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                The form factor of the 280V looks great. I’m thinking of getting one for my sis for her birthday and setting it up with her old GBC and GG games.
                It works amazingly well as a GB. You can even add artificial blur to make it look more authentic.

Comment

I'Ve posted this in my Retro Core thread but just in case someone misses it there, I've put it here as well. Hope that is okay.

Comment

Just ordered the 280m, must say, that 280v looks like it has hand cramp written all over it! Looking forward to watching your review!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      I'Ve posted this in my Retro Core thread but just in case someone misses it there, I've put it here as well. Hope that is okay.
                      No, I really enjoyed that, thanks.

Thankfully, you have tiny Trump hands to play it with!

Comment

That 280V would destroy my hands!

Comment

Thought this was a great comparison video with Venn Diagrams and everything!

Comment

Comment

They're going to have to really nail pricing on that one

Comment

FPGA or stay in bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X