ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    I've no idea about these devices but Saturn runs perfectly on an Nvidia Shield TV and has done for ages if that's anyones bag.
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of this device. Pricey in comparison to what's in here and I think that's the draw to RGXXX range, but I'll be deffo keeping an eye on the Nvidia Shield TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Only just read that speculation has it that the RG351 may be out by the end of August which if true and it's decent may be my caving point
      What’s the rumours about it, more powerful or improved design?

Comment

From what I can make out it sounds like it's Anbernic's version of the RK2020 so more powerful than the RG350 and presumably capable of some N64/DC emulation

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          From what I can make out it sounds like it's Anbernic's version of the RK2020 so more powerful than the RG350 and presumably capable of some N64/DC emulation
          Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, exciting!
            Would be if it wasn’t the same pissy resolution screen as the OGA/RK2020 which it’s rumoured to be. Looks like it’s a straight up clone with better build quality. Here’s hoping the rumours are untrue...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Some of these systems are starting to look really interesting!

This seems out of stock in the main place, and $240 at another place. I'm interested, but not at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                Would be if it wasn’t the same pissy resolution screen as the OGA/RK2020 which it’s rumoured to be. Looks like it’s a straight up clone with better build quality. Here’s hoping the rumours are untrue...
                That sucks if so! The RG350M has an okay screen, is the RK2020 worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                  That sucks if so! The RG350M has an okay screen, is the RK2020 worse?
                  It’s not the quality that’s the problem, it’s the aspect ratio. The RG350M with its 640x480 screen offers integer scaling of most retro systems and would be a great shout for Dreamcast emulation if only it had more power. The OGA/RK2020 platforms on the other hand are 480x320 so almost all retro systems look distorted and/or have shimmering when scaled to its screen.

Comment

It’s not the quality that’s the problem, it’s the aspect ratio. The RG350M with its 640x480 screen offers integer scaling of most retro systems and would be a great shout for Dreamcast emulation if only it had more power. The OGA/RK2020 platforms on the other hand are 480x320 so almost all retro systems look distorted and/or have shimmering when scaled to its screen.
                    Ohh, that does sound rough. Although some of the hardwear is good, it does feel slightly hodgepog at the lower end.

The RG 350M still sounds the way to go for these devices, till they get the screen up to scratch.

Comment

You guys need to check my records views of the RK2020, RG280M and yesterday's Supbor Q400 that actually has working hdmi out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        You guys need to check my records views of the RK2020, RG280M and yesterday's Supbor Q400 that actually has working hdmi out of the box.
                        I watched the vids and Supbor is another with subpar scaling ability (see what I did there?) thanks to its oddball 5:3 aspect ratio. You even mentioned in the video about the shimmering. The OGA clones all seem to feature 3:2 aspect ratio. How hard can it be to design a product with a 4:3 screen?

Comment

I watched the vids and Supbor is another with subpar scaling ability (see what I did there?) thanks to its oddball 5:3 aspect ratio. You even mentioned in the video about the shimmering. The OGA clones all seem to feature 3:2 aspect ratio. How hard can it be to design a product with a 4:3 screen?
                          I guess they are at the mercy of the screen makers. 4:3 screens probability cost more due to them not being as common. Still they could at least give us a 4:3 software option.

Comment

Interested to see what comes out in the next few months. I've seen a lot of positive videos of the Retroid Pocket 2, even with it comfortably running Headhunter and Shenmue on it, which really tempts me but I know the 351P is on the near horizon and so many new units are all hitting the same ability and power level that it feels like surely a power step up is inbound by the end of the year too?

Comment

It doesn't matter when you buy because within a few months the next system will be released. Its just a never ending circle.

Comment

I just want my GC/Wii emulation level reached cheaply

Comment

Working...
                                X