ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Can I ask, if anyone sees the regular Mini on sale from the proper store, can you nudge me?
    By the time I leave the store browser window to post on here they’d already be sold out.

Apparently there’s a huge drop of 6K units happening some time in August.

I also got one for the boy as a kind of semi-disposable birthday gift for him to learn how to take care of electronics… That all changed once they started hitting eBay at €150+.

Comment

I asked the French guy in the office if French kissing is just called kissing in France and if it is, what do the call just kissing.
      He said French kissing in France is called “Galocher.”

Next week, I'll be asking the Dutch guy what he calls it when people pay their own part of a bill, rather than splitting it.
      Whilst I'm at it, I'll ask him if the farty duvet manoeuvre is just called an Oven...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I asked the French guy in the office if French kissing is just called kissing in France and if it is, what do the call just kissing.
        He said French kissing in France is called “Galocher.”

Next week, I'll be asking the Dutch guy what he calls it when people pay their own part of a bill, rather than splitting it.
        Whilst I'm at it, I'll ask him if the farty duvet manoeuvre is just called an Oven...
        I want the Dutch guy to say it's "going us"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I asked the French guy in the office if French kissing is just called kissing in France
          You are a terrible flirt.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            You are a terrible flirt.
            Woah woah woah, I just asked a question!

It was him that offered to show me!

Comment

We’ve got McDonalds to thank every time someone calls a muffin “English”. In ****ing England.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Yeah; I almost went for the Mini Plus yesterday, but I think I'm gonna hold out for the Mini for this reason.
                It's been confirmed that the big drop this month of the original Miyoo Mini has a really weird resolution to the screen (750x560) as it's the only one they could source.

I wholeheartedly don't recommend it. Very little will scale effectively at that resolution if you plan on LCD or scan line filters.

The Miyoo Mini Plus (the bigger one that I use, at 640 x 480) is in stock right now. https://tinyurl.com/mr46k2h7
                Last edited by dataDave; 19-08-2023, 12:26.

Comment

After going back and forth on it for a long time, I bought a grey Miyoo Mini Plus and it's a great wee little thing!

I ignored the card that came included and started fresh with a SanDisk 128 GB one. There's plenty of information on how to format the card in FAT32 and install Onion OS on it, the risk is minimal if you read the instructions carefully. I then installed a very popular and somewhat curated ROM pack put together with this device in mind and that's it, time to take it for a spin with Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

I had barely any previous experience with emulation but this seems to handle most games quite well. I found the buttons and the d-pad to be surprisingly good, with double taps registering nearly always.

It can be quite the rabbit hole if you feel like toying with the possibilities. I'm looking at some wonderful themes the community has made for it, scraping the box art myself to get rid of the screenshots, creating a second card to experiment with adding ROMs and moving them around, replacing the buttons with ones from SakuraRetroModding (sticking to the burgundy and black original colour scheme), etc.

It has been great so far! I can't put a price to playing R-Type Delta or Neo Turf Masters on the train.

Comment

I think I'm gonna get a Miyoo Mini Plus, but I'm gonna hold out as I've seen news about them doing a clamshell system. Want to see what that looks like first.

Comment

I'm sure you've done your research and know what to expect, Asura.

Having spent more time with it, diagonals can be hard to register and it's easy to have your right thumb covering the tiny speaker.

This has had an effect in that I am now considering getting a MiSTer setup and an arcade stick... I struggle to play some games on a d-pad and the small screen makes it difficult to enjoy others. Rabbit holes and all that...

Comment

Interesting device from ANBERNIC:

It's cool to see them trying other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X