User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Asura can you try out some N64 games when you get the chance and give your thoughts. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAPCOM View Post
    Asura can you try out some N64 games when you get the chance and give your thoughts. Thanks
    Sorry, but I can't - it doesn't have an N64 emulator preinstalled, and I honestly don't know how you'd install one.

EDIT: Something I just noticed; the rubber pads on the back, as well as being grips - they stop the unit sliding off a table if you put it down. If it was just aluminium on the back, it would probably gradually slide off anything not totally flat.
    Last edited by Asura; 13-06-2020 at 03:12 PM.

I want one of these but found a PSP lying around that I forgot about. Someone said they're much larger but they're not huge for a quick game. Does anyone have an answer for this, I had a brand new extended battery just boxed up, when I opened it I see it's increased in size. It's swollen by a third of it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    I want one of these but found a PSP lying around that I forgot about. Someone said they're much larger but they're not huge for a quick game. Does anyone have an answer for this, I had a brand new extended battery just boxed up, when I opened it I see it's increased in size. It's swollen by a third of it's size.
    The battery thing? Yeah, that was a problem back when the PSP was new, I recall. Is the battery the Datel MAX battery?

All rechargeable batteries die eventually, and this often happens; this is a problem for devices which use non-standard batteries (so most, these days). As someone who briefly got back into Minidisc a couple of years ago, this was a problem, because the "gumstick" batteries have all failed, many have exploded, and no-one makes them anymore (I think that now a few companies have started making them, observing a gap in the market).

I was given some minidisc players in new condition, all worked but I don't have them. Wish I'd sold them.

The PSP battery was the official large one bought way after launch.

My RG350M has just arrived. I ordered it from the link provided in Yakumo’s video about a week ago. Looks like it was shipped from a warehouse in England so no customs fees.
    First impressions are very good. It feels quite sturdy and the screen is surprisingly sharp and clear in motion. Only tried a couple of games so far, Tatsujin II and Ketsui, both ran fine and in tate orientation.
    I’m going to have some fun with this.

Last edited by CMcK; 18-06-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    My RG350M has just arrived. I ordered it from the link provided in Yakumo’s video about a week ago. Looks like it was shipped from a warehouse in England so no customs fees.
    First impressions are very good. It feels quite sturdy and the screen is surprisingly sharp and clear in motion. Only tried a couple of games so far, Tatsujin II and Ketsui, both ran fine and in tate orientation.
    I’m going to have some fun with this.
    Couple of tips, CMcK, from someone who just got theirs:

• You can adjust the screen brightness by holding the power and pressing the volume buttons. The very lowest brightness will actually turn the screen off; the machine unfortunately doesn't have a proper "sleep" function but this works pretty well
    • The machine will run Master System and Game Gear games; you just do this with either of the Megadrive emulators
    • There are 2 MD emulators because Picodrive gives better quality, while the other is faster; generally the non-Picodrive one is the one to go with unless you have a problem
    • The PS1 emulator will run poorly out of the box. You need to download the 7001 firmware and use that via the menu; after that, the machine will run something as intensive as Metal Gear Solid really well
    • The machine doesn't like "superfast" USB chargers; you should use ordinary ones. For instance, mine doesn't like my Oculus Quest charger.
    • It helps for each emu to make a "Favourites" folder under the rom folders, and copy some games to that. There are literally hundreds, and they're not in alphabetical order (!)

Thanks for the tips Asura. I’ll get onto doing the firmware update as soon as I can. As long as it doesn’t need a ‘doze computer as mine are packed away.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    Thanks for the tips Asura. I’ll get onto doing the firmware update as soon as I can. As long as it doesn’t need a ‘doze computer as mine are packed away.
    I haven't updated mine; I wouldn't use the HDMI-out for anything so right now, I've no reason to, unless something else comes up.

Erm does Anberic even have a website? I can’t seem to find it! The build on my unit is 27th of May so I guess that’s quite up to date. I see there is a junior version on the way which will likely be cheaper too. But for £90 and no customs fees I’m quite happy with the current model.