User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    So this is a super cool mod to cover that disgusting ANBERIC logo. I’d be tempted myself but I just bought a GPD XD Plus..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SakuraRetroModding
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 11-07-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Is there likely to be an affordable more powerful version out soon to counter stuff like the RK2020?

Anbernic seem to have nailed the level of polish but the many chinese devices have been circling emulation of the same systems for a very long time and it's much more the N64-DC-GC generations on the go where the appeal lies for me which is perpetually out of reach. Everything I've watched and read suggests the RK heavily closes in on that dream for a very cheap price but the emulation and build quality isn't strong enough to click Buy on it as much as the purple looks lurvely.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Is there likely to be an affordable more powerful version out soon to counter stuff like the RK2020?

Anbernic seem to have nailed the level of polish but the many chinese devices have been circling emulation of the same systems for a very long time and it's much more the N64-DC-GC generations on the go where the appeal lies for me which is perpetually out of reach. Everything I've watched and read suggests the RK heavily closes in on that dream for a very cheap price but the emulation and build quality isn't strong enough to click Buy on it as much as the purple looks lurvely.
    I've just reviewed the RK2020. It's a nice system. The video is currently for Patreon subscribers only but will go live later this week.
    I liked the system. Played many systems well including Dreamcast. It has issues with N64 though.

I've watched loads of vids on it, seems odd it struggles with N64 so much and the latest firmware seems to aggravate the issue. Saw some footage where the system just cuts out completely with some stuff too. Given it's a knock off Odroid I'm doubtful there'll soon be a big revision of it as well.

It surprises me people would really want to play Dreamcast games on-the-go. Like I'm not criticising really; this is totally subjective.

Something about SNES/MD games etc. makes them ideal for being played portably on a small screen, for me, at least. My RG-350M plays PS1 really well but I'm not sure I'll really play that.

DC feels like it'd be perfect, so many short form arcade titles on the go. As much as the SNES and MD were great I feel I've run out of need of ways to play their catalogues. If anything, it all raises how depressingly absent Virtual Console is on Switch.

Love my RG350. Runs all the PS1 games I need seemingly perfectly. I have a load of Mame content too.

I'm running the stock firmware and I'm wondering if there are any new versions or different firmwares I might be missing out on?