Sega announces the game gear micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    I'm not going to go through 8 pages to see if anyone's written 'LAME Gear', nope. GG Shinobi was great on the original, not sure if aged well.
    Many of those titles won't have, in that way. I mean I loved Game Gear OutRun back in the day, but I've no doubt it's probably one of the weaker console versions of OutRun.

Maybe this is why Sega didn't go down the SNES Mini route with this. How many Game Gear games genuinely stand the test of time? The console's biggest seller was Sega's strong arcadey game support, but by definition those are low-powered conversions. I love Castle of Illusion and Wonder Boy but only because they remind me of being 9, not because they're genre-defining games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      Nobody's meant to really play it, you're just meant to tinker about on it for 15 minutes and show it to your friends as a bit of a talking point. Sega have the same size hands as everyone else, they know full well it's not practical and I doubt they've paid much attention to things like the quality of the emulation and frame lag and what-not as it's not going to really matter.
      You hit the nail on the head. Anyone expecting more from these should hesitate from buying and see what SEGA announces in the future. There's a chance if these sell well they'll come down in price eventually so hang fire.

I do have hopes for a Saturn or Dreamcast mini but it'll be some time before we hear anything from SEGA.

Comment

Thing is, bittboys are less. Sega could easily make a bittboy with tons of Sega games built in with menus much the same as the mega drive mini. Style it like the game gear and call it the game gear mini but nake it a decent size with a generous selection of games from the game gear, master system and megadrive and charge £90 for it.

Comment

Looks like eveyones calmed their tits on amazon japan finally, they now have put up more preorders open for the handful of us that don't hate them back to retail prices & not scalper scum prices. Decided to go with the 4 pack with the BIIIIG WINDOOOOW freebie bundled in.

Comment

With the form over function thing, with people saying it's a collector's piece and not for long term play, this and the SNK efforts remind me of old people buying commemorative Royal wedding plates, just to put on the mantelpiece. I don't get it.

Comment

With the form over function thing, with people saying it's a collector's piece and not for long term play, this and the SNK efforts remind me of old people buying commemorative Royal wedding plates, just to put on the mantelpiece. I don't get it.
              P1ss-poor attempts to justify wasting spending money on utter tat.

Comment

If someone earns their money they can spend it on what they like.

Comment

Dunno if you guys have noticed but between the mint boxed SNES games, Blu-Ray steelbooks and collector's editions of videogames and consoles, buying stuff just to put on the mantelpiece tends to be one of the major focuses of the forum!

Comment

It's just such a waste of an opportunity to get back into the handheld game! For £60 you can get chinese handhelds that play PS1 games. Make it actually portable - not a switch - and include a generous amount of games.

Hey, maybe they still will. The SEGA RG350 :P

Comment

I'm not mocking anyone collecting anything at all by the way, it's just some of these products seem like a lazy effort to collect coins from older fans like some Magneto ish.

Comment

I'm not mocking anyone collecting anything at all by the way, it's just some of these products seem like a lazy effort to collect coins from older fans like some Magneto ish.
                        I mean if I could phone something in and walk away with millions for selling people a novelty...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            It's just such a waste of an opportunity to get back into the handheld game!
                            Yes, I can see it working so well and SEGA doing better than SONY who with all its money, tech and IP's flopped with its last HH. Gamers are crying out for a new handheld and one from SEGA

This is just a novelty item and a little bit of fun. Christ what happen to this board who used to pay more to import just a art book from Japan or a music CD
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 08-06-2020, 07:56.

Comment

We grew up, got mortgages, had kids.

Being a grown up sucks.

Comment

It does get a lot tougher justifying buying toys.

Comment

Working...
                                X