Sega announces the game gear micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Still trying to think of a piece of hardware that's gotten so much hate from merely just existing, even the pokemon mini didn't get this amount of flack lol
    At this point in its life, ie a few months before release, the Switch was getting just as much hatred. Every Switch-related thread on here was packed with "Dead on arrival" posts.

Comment

As a Game Boy boy, I never had much interaction with the Game Gear.
      I really like the boxart to the GG Shinobi!

Comment

I think most people here expected this to be much more in line with the other 'mini consoles' released recently, even by SEGA -- miniaturized within reason so as to remain functional and with a decent, if not comprehensive, selection of the Game Gear's library of games. Price be damned if the previous, along with good emulation, was the case.

When it turned out this was nothing of the sort, some shrugged and moved on while others... not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          That image won't load what was it? About the royal plates.

With the GG cover it's nice, this is similar in style:

Comment

Ooh, that's nice too.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            That image won't load what was it? About the royal plates.
            Image search "Viz commemorative plates".

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Ooh, that's nice too.

Image search "Viz commemorative plates".

Thanks for that, some of their best stuff is in the small print at times.

Comment

Folks in Japan have been receiving these, and the general reaction seems to be "I knew they were small, but..."

I should have a set of four later this week. Kind of angry at myself for not shopping around for the set with the nice display case, though.

Comment

That's just stupid. It's designed to sit on a shelf then, and in that case, just buy an actual GG.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Folks in Japan have been receiving these, and the general reaction seems to be "I knew they were small, but..."

I should have a set of four later this week. Kind of angry at myself for not shopping around for the set with the nice display case, though.
                    That is awesome, build quality and plastic used make it look exactly like the original too, this could of easily looked very cheap and key ring like but it really dose look like they have built it with care.

Comment

Mines coming in 30 minutes! Expect a video in a few hours. I'm actually excited to see this in person.

Comment

If you ordered the collection pack from Rakuten Books, expect an empty box. Just got mine - pins present, nice box, opened it up and four empty spaces. Dozens of reviews on the site reporting the same thing. Apparently to be dispatched later.

Comment

Looking forward to impressions, I would have originally had a set coming but I needed to free up the cash preordered to get that project diva arcade controller while they are still available these game gears won’t be selling out any time soon so I can pick them up in a couple of months time instead.

Comment

Sega's new Game Gear Micro is here. Full unboxing and teardown.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                              If you ordered the collection pack from Rakuten Books, expect an empty box. Just got mine - pins present, nice box, opened it up and four empty spaces. Dozens of reviews on the site reporting the same thing. Apparently to be dispatched later.
                              That is some major BS right there. One of the many reasons why I never use Rakuten. The main being that their site is a bloody mess when searching from stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Sega's new Game Gear Micro is here. Full unboxing and teardown.
                                Thanks for that, has confirmed I don't need to order one, or four because why put sixteen games on a single unit when you can sucker people into paying £200 for the set of four instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X