Sega announces the game gear micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Lol, I have enjoyed the fightiness of this thread. Myself, I don't want one even if - as a trinket - they are really, really cool. Just impractical as ****!!!!

A decadent, if cool, device, and let's not forget this place kicked off as a spoddy gaming import forum and importaku's just living the dream so I can kinda understand his disappointment at the lack of enthusiasm. My hands...just FAR too big.

Anyhow, I don't need to protect importaku, I've seen him in real life and he's built like Gilius Thunderhead...who is the best character in GOLDEN AXE, btw.

Comment

I'd be very enthusiastic if they weren't taking the absolute pasizzle on the pricing, the Nintendo Super Mario is the same - they're probably manufacturing this in some Chinese factory sweat swap for little more than a few quid.

Comment

Oh, agreed. But I doubt it'll sell loads, it's just too niche...and really too small!

Comment

I kind of wish I'd got one now! They've put more effort into it than I expected, I didn't expect a neat little menu with boxart and settings. And savestates!

Maybe it's a bit on the pricey side for a novelty, but then people pay twice that for some completely inanimate plastic statues that must cost about 20p a pop to manufacture. I've seen bigger rip-offs out there.

Comment

GG Micro producer claims that there's a likelihood of either the SG-1000 or the DC being the next Sega console to get the retro Mini treatment.

Probably should've done that instead of persevering with this GG Micro crap, tbh.

Comment

Sega themselves have already said no to both dc & saturn minis the chips used to do it are too expensive for them at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Sega themselves have already said no to both dc & saturn minis the chips used to do it are too expensive for them at the moment.
                  Yeah, I didn't think that we'd be seeing a DC Mini anytime soon.

SG-1000 or Mark III/SMS would obviously be the safer bet.

Comment

personally im hoping for Mark III the final mini console wish still left unfulfilled.

Comment

The irony is, that after years of squinting at a handheld's tiny screen, my eyesight is better suited to this Game Gear:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        The irony is, that after years of squinting at a handheld's tiny screen, my eyesight is better suited to this Game Gear:
                        Holly crap, I'd love that.

Comment

Mine finally arrived. No amount of size comparison shots prepare you for how miniscule these really are.

I'm delighted with them.

Comment

The accuracy of them is particularly useful for throwing out people's sense of scale when sitting them next to other things.

I'm up in Chimpy's DMs right now, having successfully convinced him four Game Gears aren't as long as my-uhh... I've said too much.

Comment

New Game Gear merch released.

Ideal to go with the Gashapon Garbage Game Gear Micro, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X