No announcement yet.

Sega announces the game gear micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that when the NES Mini sold for the same price Sega is definitely taking the mick given the useless size of it and the paltry games line up

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] [MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION]

No idea, but eagerly awaiting news on it. Sometimes I go on the website just to ogle the pretty pictures. Guessing it's delayed due to corona.

Comment

It just seems odd for Sega to acknowledge that the buttons and d-pad are too small to be useable but not the screen?

Comment

Wierd they've gone to the effort to make this function, seems like they'd be better off just as small collectibles of plastic tat.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            . I o've ordered the Red one as I love the colour and also Shinobi GG
            The two GG Shinobi games are excellent. I do wish that GG games would've been more succesful on the 3DS Virtual Console than they were so that they would've released GG Shinobi II.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I'd say that when the NES Mini sold for the same price Sega is definitely taking the mick given the useless size of it and the paltry games line up
            Hard to disagree. I mean, I know Nintendo have done similar with their G&W Mini Classics range but at least those were super-cheap! This just seems like a waste of time, even for a novelty.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            No idea, but eagerly awaiting news on it. Sometimes I go on the website just to ogle the pretty pictures. Guessing it's delayed due to corona.
            Oh no doubt that this is getting delayed due to the pandemic.

I keep going back to the RetroGamer magazine issue that had the Pocket on the front cover!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              I agree with this, it's clearly just a novelty item like most of those little barely playable arcade machines people like to have lined up on their shelves. They're just meant to be a bit of a laugh I think, I don't think they expect anyone to actually play on them for more than it takes to record their YouTube video about it.
              I wouldn't mind if they were gashapon toys and priced to match, but £50?

Comment

@Nu-Eclipse

Look at it.

LOOK AT IT.

()

@Asura

£50 (or actually more like £35, since it's 5000 yen), is not bad at all for a collectible. I mean look at how much figures and stuff cost. £40 to £50 is pretty much your entry level Figma. For me this is a toy that fits into that category.

Comment

I've just gone for an Abernic instead, [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]. I realised that I'm not going to start hunting down NGPC carts again.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I wouldn't mind if they were gashapon toys and priced to match, but £50?
                    It's definitely too expensive for my tastes (I'd pay maybe... £20?), but they've not had any problem shifting them by the looks of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      I've just gone for an Abernic instead, @wakka. I realised that I'm not going to start hunting down NGPC carts again.
                      The Anbernic things definitely look good, and NGPC stuff in particular is stupid money now

Comment

Since I can go on ebay and buy a game gear with a screen I can see (just about) for £50, I'll pass on this.

Comment

No way could I play that thing with my massive hands, I'd be getting arthritis in no time.

Never liked the GG much, anyway.

Comment

I had a big Game Gear collection as a kid. I remember it well. Sitting in my room with my neck arched down, bending my spine in the only spot that allowed me to plug the thing in! My favourite game was actually Devilish.

4 ROMS on each is so tiiiiight. There is no reason all of these game can't be on one.

Comment

4 ROMs per unit mean it'll likely be £16.99 down at B&M a few months after release.

Comment

GG games are so small you could pack the entire collection on one.

Comment

Working...
                                X