Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega announces the game gear micro

Hehe it's so tiny and i strangely want one, or two
    セガの歴史上、唯一の携帯専用ゲーム機であった「ゲームギア」。セガ60周年&「ゲームギア」30周年を記念し、その魅力を極限まで凝縮した「ゲームギアミクロ」が「遊べるマスコット」となって復活

Is this Sega's revolutionary announcement? I'm a bit disappointed...
    I hope the screen's at least as large as a GBA Micro, from the images it looks too small to be readable.

Comment

£50 a pop for a miniscule 4 game device? 4 devices to collect??

Lol. P1ss off.

Comment

To answer myself:

Nope, the screen's smaller.

Comment

Well I’m happy to buy a couple I’m a sucker for tiny stuff will have to pick the 2 that have the best combo of games for me. Ironically I bet the screen will be easier to see than the original as that was truly dire with its shimmery crap viewing angle tech. A victim of its time, I still get on ok with my gba micro so the size doesn’t bother me people blow that crap way out of proportion like they did with the controller on the famicom mini.

Will be interesting to see how it’s made wether it can be hacked to add more games or if the games are hard coded to the chip like some of the other stuff like the tiny arcades.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            £50 a pop for a miniscule 4 game device? 4 devices to collect??
            I got a Game Gear for my 9th birthday. It was the first "console" I ever owned. I am incredibly nostalgic for anything to do with the Game Gear.

But this? This looks ****. So disappointing. When I saw the thread I was fully anticipating sprinting to somewhere to make a pre-order.

Comment

Is it that each unit has 4 games? It looks small to the point of unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Is it that each unit has 4 games? It looks small to the point of unplayable.
                Yeah; thing is, it'd be fine if they were really cheap - so then they're a little novelty. But £50?

Comment

Is this the world changing announcement?

Comment

Personally I’d have been super happy for a mark III mini but maybe they’ll do one after this gg. Anyone fantasizing about a Saturn or Dreamcast mini you can forget it lol. So far the only sellers are 3rd party scalpers on amazon seems amazon has either totally sold their preorders or they haven’t put them up yet but the webpage is live for the set of 4

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Is this the world changing announcement?

From neogaf people think the famitsu announcement is something to do with a cloud service for arcade so you can play at home when arcades are shut or something like that.

Comment

Be getting the Red one.

Comment

Is this the big scoop that Famitsu got? Whilst a little desirable, I don't feel any need to have one. Now a Sega box that housed a load of arcade games from late 90s to into the 2000s which had a steering wheel and guns attached, I'd be in.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Is this the big scoop that Famitsu got? .
                            I think that's meant to come tomorrow

Comment

Gaaaaame Gear Mikuro!!

Unfortunately this thing is way too small. Like WAY too small. Not sure why they've gone about it in this way. They should've at least greatly increased the screen-to-body ratio.

Still, I guess it's just a collectible, rather than something you're actually meant to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X