Obscure Saturn Games? Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    It’s super obscure but Hyper Duel is ace. I’ve just done a video on it.
    https://youtu.be/kwBSKYi3ZCE
    I really like Hyper Duel, but it has a horrendous audio mix, with no way to change it (SFX way too high over the wonderful OST). Along with Blastwind, I doubt too many people are playing them are with bought originals, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      I really like Hyper Duel, but it has a horrendous audio mix, with no way to change it (SFX way too high over the wonderful OST).
      Someone fixed the audio with one of the ISO files available. It's a shame that such a good -- and expensive -- game has this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Someone fixed the audio with one of the ISO files available. It's a shame that such a good -- and expensive -- game has this issue.
        Yeah I remember reading that - have to check it out. Technosoft ost’s Rarely disappoint!

Comment

Gun Frontier has the best music!

Comment

Souky is better and got better music .. I have Hyper Duel (thank GOD I bought it from Lee , when it came out) but always liked Darius Gaiden more

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Souky is better and got better music .. I have Hyper Duel (thank GOD I bought it from Lee , when it came out) but always liked Darius Gaiden more
              Thems fighting words!

Comment

Mass Destruction
                Obligatory TA/Hirst "Play Mass Destruction on the Saturn" post. You better all listen!

Comment

They're all top quality, but I'd put them in this order:

1. Souky
                  2. Darius Gaiden
                  3. Hyper Duel

I think most shoot 'em up fans would be happy to play any of them.

Comment

Is 'Keio Flying Squadron 2' obscure?

It hasn't received a lot of fanfare over the years, but it's a fun platformer with some impressive graphics.

Comment

I prefer the first one on mega cd.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        I prefer the first one on mega cd.
                        I remember thinking it was strange that they created a platformer, seeing the game's called 'Flying Squadron'. I was hoping it would be a nice follow up that takes advantage of the extra power of the Saturn. But I soon accepted the change and enjoyed how fun and attractive it is.

Comment

Wasn't that the one where the one-level cover-mounted magazine demo had the ENTIRE GAME accessible, via cheat codes?

Yeah, the official Saturn mag or a similar mag basically gave the 'full' game away.

LOL. Proper amateur ****ers.

Comment

Demo disc used to go for LOADS.

(Because it basically had the ****in ENTIRE GAME ON!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Wasn't that the one where the one-level cover-mounted magazine demo had the ENTIRE GAME accessible, via cheat codes?

Yeah, the official Saturn mag or a similar mag basically gave the 'full' game away.

LOL. Proper amateur ****ers.
                              Nah, you're thinking of the Mega CD version. It came on the front cover of Mega Power.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                I really like Hyper Duel, but it has a horrendous audio mix, with no way to change it (SFX way too high over the wonderful OST). Along with Blastwind, I doubt too many people are playing them are with bought originals, lol
                                I have the originals . Both are great games. Love how Hyper Duel has what is effectively the Arcade game plus remastered version on one disc.

Comment

Working...
                                X