Obscure Saturn Games? Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obscure Saturn Games? Recommendations?

I've had my Saturn out recently while still isolating and worked it over with some upgrades. Any recommendations for games more off the beaten track??

You might like 'Purikura Daisakusen'.

Comment

I recommend Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend. Decent top down pool with hilarious FMV cutscenes.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I recommend Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend. Decent top down pool with hilarious FMV cutscenes.
        Side Pocket 2, already been playing that

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          You might like 'Purikura Daisakusen'.
          I don’t know this one, good shout.

Comment

I'm not sure that it's especially obscure, but if you haven't tried it I'd say give Bulk Slash a go. It's a third person mech game which makes pretty great use of the hardware and it plays well too.

Comment

You played Guardian Force, Mass Destruction, Iron Storm or Enemy Zero van? Also they seem to get very little credit (and while far from obscure) but Olympic Soccer, Lomu Ruby , Die Hard Arcade are ace on the Saturn..

I also like Bug II and Dark Saviour but they are not for everyone lol
              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 07-06-2020, 09:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                You played Guardian Force, Mass Destruction, Iron Storm or Enemy Zero van? Also they seem to get very little credit (and while far from obscure) but Olympic Soccer, Lomu Ruby , Die Hard Arcade are ace on the Saturn..

I also like Bug II and Dark Saviour but they are not for everyone lol
                Ill have a look! Clear your pms too

Dark Savior is good! Not fan of the sports games or egg chasing. I have Die Hard Arcade, used to play that on the Pier at Aber I'll check those shooters out!
                Last edited by vanpeebles; 07-06-2020, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                  I'm not sure that it's especially obscure, but if you haven't tried it I'd say give Bulk Slash a go. It's a third person mech game which makes pretty great use of the hardware and it plays well too.
                  I'll try this!

Comment

Anarchy in the Nippon pretty fun virtua fighter clone with more Japanesey themes. Runs in the hi-res mode too looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Ill have a look! Clear your pms too

Dark Savior is good! Not fan of the sports games or egg chasing. I have Die Hard Arcade, used to play that on the Pier at Aber I'll check those shooters out!
                      I'm not the biggest fan of the egg chasers , but Lomu is a right laugh . AMOK is something a little different, so are Crimewave , Steep Slope Sliders is ace fun too .

Also download Heisei Tensai Bakabon Susume Bakabons, if only for the music !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        Lovely game, looks great, bright colours and moves well, good recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          I'm not the biggest fan of the egg chasers , but Lomu is a right laugh . AMOK is something a little different, so are Crimewave , Steep Slope Sliders is ace fun too .

Also download Heisei Tensai Bakabon Susume Bakabons, if only for the music !!!
                          I’ll check that too! I’m enjoying my revisit to the saturn, my initial plan was to just play gun frontier none stop, but actually the 3d stuff is better than I remembered, most are smooth and controllable. The only disappointment has been sega touring cars and pap version of virtua racing. 32x version was better!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            I’ll check that too! I’m enjoying my revisit to the saturn, my initial plan was to just play gun frontier none stop, but actually the 3d stuff is better than I remembered, most are smooth and controllable. The only disappointment has been sega touring cars and pap version of virtua racing. 32x version was better!
                            Stellar Assault is really good and super smooth too . Street Racer is a bit of a showcase for the VDP2 and runs at 60fps also

I love a bit of Pebble Beach and it's spin off Valora Valley, Touring Car is pants

Comment

Nekketsu Oyako is a great SOR fighter

Comment

Working...
                              X