Gran Turismo 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Turismo 7

Second exclusive reveal, the true return of Gran Turismo with the next numbered entry. Interested to see the 4K footage as the game looked better than Sport but not 'next-gen'. Still, good to see the series leave the Sport experiment behind after it held back the series all PS4 generation. No date yet.

1080p Version trailer uploaded by Sony:

Comment

I watched this again. Looks wise I'd say Forza Horizon looks better.
      That said I love the 'CarPG' elements and the map looks really similar to GT4 which was easily the best. Just hope it doesn't have ps2 cars still in it.

Comment

Thanks for posting the above video Neon Ignition was gonna say, the video not in the presentation was much more detailed showing Home menu, Car upgrades, Original Old tracks, Used car area etc.

Comment

Any mention of more PSVR support this time around?

Comment

Comparison pics on Era make it very clear this is GT Sport with upgrades so VR support should be very easy and assuming PSVR2 is next year it seems a safe bet

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I watched this again. Looks wise I'd say Forza Horizon looks better.
              One area Polyphony always gets right is the actual surfacing and lighting of the cars. They just look more real for some reason. I suspect they have some kind of car paint shader on something.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                Any mention of more PSVR support this time around?
                Village RE: VIII did not mention PSVR either, but imagine as original unit is backwards compatible with PS5 I believe they will include it same with GT7 as Neon Ignition said. I imagine with the millions of PSVR units out there Sony will push again or games at least will have add ons or the ability to you it. I mean people retro fit VR stuff on PC that works fine like Alien Isolation for example,

Comment

SSD making all the diffrence too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    SSD making all the diffrence too
                    For VR it probably will. Rapid loading of graphics directly where your head is turning.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                      did not mention PSVR either, but imagine as original unit is backwards compatible with PS5
                      I didn't know this. That's great news ... means I can potentially trade-in my Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                        Village RE: VIII did not mention PSVR either, but imagine as original unit is backwards compatible with PS5 I believe they will include it same with GT7 as Neon Ignition said. I imagine with the millions of PSVR units out there Sony will push again or games at least will have add ons or the ability to you it. I mean people retro fit VR stuff on PC that works fine like Alien Isolation for example,
                        Alien Isolation was originally shown as a VR demo but never made it into the retail version. Fortunately a lot of the code was left in so some kindly fella released a small file to reenable it. Just finished it on PC, hands down one of the VR experiences ever!

I`m very surprised Sony haven't said much more about PS5 and PSVR. From what I understand they have sold in excess of 5 million HMDS worldwide.

Comment

I assume PSVR2 is hush as there's no way Sony would shift hardly any stock of it at launch. VR is a fairly low demand tech so everything including finalising software will be prioritised for the system. Unless there's a major disruption on the cards PSVR2 will struggle over the life of PS5 to match PSVR1's sales (hopefully they get the cost down and really, really galvanise notable software support). I'd be amazed if Resi 8 doesn't support VR but given the need to promote the launch of a PSVR2 I think they'll hold off until it launches (guessing that's Xmas 2021)

Comment

It would muddle things far too much to start talking about PSVR 2 now. There would be confusion over whether it was required, whether it was included, whether PS5 was VR only, all sorts - not to mention another hefty price to announce on top of the no doubt terrifying cost the PS5 will carry.

It’d all get a bit WiiU, where people didn’t get whether it was a Wii accessory, a portable console, or what.

At the moment they’ve got a super clear proposition. It’s a new PlayStation, with new games, and a new controller, and it’ll be faster and have better graphics.

Comment

Edit - Wrong thread

Comment

Working...
                              X