Demon's Souls: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon's Souls: Remake

Well, finally a fanbase has been satisfied as the original game get's it's remake confirmed. Never understood the demand for this one, it's liked but Bloodborne II always made more sense.

4K Version trailer:

Comment

They both make sense. Demon's is a 720p, barely 20fps PS3 game with a hugely staggered launch window across the world and it's bloody awesome! The upgrade should be very noticeable.

Comment

Bluepoint deserve all the respect in the world for their work but for me the Dark Soul's series already delivered more of a very, very similar experience and much more notably this isn't being handled by FROM and critically you can feel it already in the trailer so of all the projects Sony could have commissioned it's not the one I'd have gone for.

Comment

It's my favourite Souls game and Sony own the rights to it so a nice exclusive for PS5 without taking FROM off whatever they're currently making. No point doing the other Souls games as they're already on PS4 and XBone and Bloodborne is already a 1080p PS4 title so hardly worth it really.

Thanks for posting all the trailers BTW, saves going to youtube and searching!

Comment

It'd certainly be interesting if they stick the landing enough that they end up making Demon's Souls II on their own as a result

No probs One more I want to add but the stream got ahead of me...

Comment

Hopefully this will see a huge gameplay overhaul as well as the significant graphical change. As brilliant as the original is, it has aged, especially compared to the subsequent titles. Perhaps controversial, but I'd also like to see the Blue and White Stones made available earlier too as that first area is where many new players will need help the most. I'd also like to see the weapon upgrade systems simplified, more in-line with DS3 maybe. Most of the boss fights could do with significant changes too. Maybe add more attacks and change their behaviours to keep it fresh.
              Last edited by bcass; 12-06-2020, 10:54.

Comment

Not entirely sure if I like the overgrown look, but it is impressive.

[edit] there are three sets of pictures in the Twitter thread. Can't seem to embed the separate tweets, it always starts with the first.
                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 12-06-2020, 10:58.

Comment

I've never played any of Bluepoint's remakes previously, but I always had a certain degree of concern about them tarting things up to conventional standards (high resolution, more detailed textures etc) but simultaneously mis-judging the feel of things and washing away some of the grit? I could be way off, but maybe I should see if anyone had much critical to say about Shadow of the Colossus, for instance.

Very glad this is happening, regardless - I've tried to play through Demons' Souls so many times and it's never quite clicked, and with it now being offline certainly isn't going to improve things.

Comment

Watching the reveal last night, as soon as I saw that zombie corpse upside down coming over the camera, I have a massive grin on my face...

Finally, this game gets a remake. This always felt more atmospheric than the dark souls games for me, as there are a lot of intricate details I missed from this game when I played it originally, which was only revealed to me by YouTube videos from fans of the series.

Of all the games revealed on the trailer last night, I think this was the only one I got super excited for...

Thanks Briareos, for the screen grabs... Another reason to fire up the PS3 again...

Comment

Yep, this was the system seller for me, and probably one of the very few games I end up buying for the PS5 during its lifetime.

Comment

Day one. Done. Please add the missing region from the Nexus.

Change nothing else.

Comment

Bluepoint made quite a lot of changes in their Shadow of the Colossus remake, so I'd expect lots of changes here too.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                            Bluepoint made quite a lot of changes in their Shadow of the Colossus remake, so I'd expect lots of changes here too.
                            They had better not nerf my Mist exploits

Seriously though, I replayed this at Xmas, you really don't need to change much...

Comment

Agreed. I played it a few weeks ago. I didn’t even notice any qol stuff missing from it really

Comment

Working...
                              X