Wired speakers picking up interference from my router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wired speakers picking up interference from my router

I have a very basic 2.1 wired speaker system. When I turned it on after having tidied and reshuffled some of the things in my setup, I noticed a crackling noise coming out of the left speaker.

While I was troubleshooting its connection to the subwoofer, my hand moved between the subwoofer and the router placed right next to it and the crackling stopped. I removed my hand and the crackling resumed so it's quite obvious what the problem is.

Repositioning one of the two would of course be possible but also a bit of an headache. Would there be something I could use to shield the subwoofer from the router and take care of this crackling with little to no bother?

Thanks in advance!

This is going to sound like a daft suggestion but can you move them slightly further apart?

The power output of a router works by the inverse square law, meaning that if you move a metre further away, the signal strength could be a thousand times lower.

What I'm saying is a relatively small increase in distance might make a big difference.

Comment

I might, but it would involve fidgeting with about seven cables that plug into the router.

I will, if I absolutely have to, I guess...

Comment

Working...
      X