No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Squadrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA games have become the equivalent of saucy peep shows, where you have to keep throwing money at it to get to the good stuff.

Comment

I'd love a campaign with Co-op. Seems to be 5v5 only??

Comment

Sounding like one to skip tbh, presumably it's a leftover from before EA was slapped for mtx

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          It's been confirmed this will be playable on PSVR. Lord knows how much of it.
          If they took the single VR mission from BF1 and cloned it with a storyline and being able to play on either side, I would pay for that. But full price would be too much of a pisstake.

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Doubt they'd do anything cool like let you toggle shield/engine/laser output.
          Just like in the X-wing books!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            ... just like in the X-wing game!

They might have something like this; I think Freelancer did it by just letting you cycle between "balanced, engines, shields, weapons".

Comment

Rogue Squadron and Rebel Strike let you toggle how the blaster were linked for firing. That plus a shield slider
              [front - - - - - back]
              Would be plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                i wouldn't know about the starwars books myself, but it already been pointed (and where i know it from) is the X-wing games on the PC. If it's BF2 like i suspect, then the best we'll get is cooldown speed boost, cooldown rapid fire and cooldown health regen all with lovely card boosters to slot in. Fighter mode certainly not bad, from the games i had once i got use the strange default controls got mostly ruined by hero ships, i really hope they cut that crap out or have a separate mode it.

Comment

All of it apparently

Comment

Surely the PS5 could handle the full fat Pro version fast enough for PSVR? But would EA patch it or charge for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      i wouldn't know about the starwars books myself, but it already been pointed (and where i know it from) is the X-wing games on the PC. If it's BF2 like i suspect, then the best we'll get is cooldown speed boost, cooldown rapid fire and cooldown health regen all with lovely card boosters to slot in. Fighter mode certainly not bad, from the games i had once i got use the strange default controls got mostly ruined by hero ships, i really hope they cut that crap out or have a separate mode it.
                      I guess I should actually install and play X-Wing.

Comment

$40 and full campaign playable in PSVR? I’m in.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Surely the PS5 could handle the full fat Pro version fast enough for PSVR? But would EA patch it or charge for it?
                          Maybe. VR games are unique in terms of performance, so being on a more powerful machine is no guarantee. You usually have to do a bit of work to the game to get it running.

Only exception is when the computer absolutely dwarfs the capability of the original platform, like the Oculus version of Quake 2 (which is fantastic btw).

Comment

Another SW title with no MTX. Seems like this has been a conscious decision after the Battlefront 2 debacle.

Comment

I imagine the VR aspect will be good, otherwise for some reason this reeks of fluff stuff from EA so my expectations are low.

Comment

Cross play!
                                if wipeout is anything to go by anyone playing in vr is going to absolutely own anyone who isn’t.

Comment

Working...
                                X