Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Squadrons

Still waiting for Rogue Squadron IV?

After the Xbox website made a bit of blunder this morning by letting the title slip, Electronic Arts has now had to announce “Star Wars: Squadrons” – a new title from the publisher. In addition, the company has confirmed the game’s reveal trailer will launch this Monday, June 15th at 8am US-PST. This will mark […]

EA has been forced by an error on the Xbox site to reveal Star Wars: Squadron as their new SW game

EA will reveal the games trailer on Monday but it's confirmed to be an aerial combat game with a heavy multiplayer focus. So, still waiting for Rogue then.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    So, still waiting for Rogue then.
    This probably is Rogue Squadron.

Just since Disney bought Star Wars, they've tried to steer clear of all the old namings of things, instead going with new namings - so the Rebellion became The Resistance, the senate wasn't on Coruscant but "Hosnian Prime", and if they do a new Rogue Squadron, it'll have a different name. It has to do with them having more control over a brand if it's a newish brand they've created; they're not beholden to what Lucasfilm/Fox did with it before the merger.

They didn't do it with everything, e.g. the Millennium Falcon is still the Millennium Falcon, but for everything they practically could change, they did change in some way.

Comment

I saw this and thought... This sounds good, then I remember it's EA and Battlefront 2... And I know to sit, wait and avoid until it's cheap, fixed or both.

Comment

But Jedi Fallen Order was good... Oh wait, no it wasn't.
        Zero faith in EA producing a game that isn't rammed with loot and MTX, or just dull as dishwater.

Comment

If this going to be a single-player game and plays like the old Lucasart games, I'm in. Might consider if it's like Rogue Squadron. However, I fear this will be a multiplayer-driven, microtransaction-laden disaster.

Comment

This announcement should make me happy. I won't even look forward to it and spare myself the disappointment.

Comment

There was improvement between the two Battlefront games when it came to starfighter dogfighting, so I'm not going to dismiss it as quickly as BF2 fell in price. Certainly not getting it day one without a hefty discount though.

Comment

Hope it features PSVR support

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  If this going to be a single-player game and plays like the old Lucasart games, I'm in. Might consider if it's like Rogue Squadron. However, I fear this will be a multiplayer-driven, microtransaction-laden disaster.
                  Dont expect much, Multiplayer is the focus and apparently the single player portion is very short (a few hours). Could be good, I loved the flight based battles in Battlefront 2 and most played those, although number of players on xbox has fallen by quite a bit and its hard to get full matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Hope it features PSVR support
                    TBH EA have absolutely ****ed up not making a full game of that.

The short experience that came with Battlefront 1? That was a single mission which took ~20 minutes.

Give me another 25 of those, with a simple plot to connect them. Maybe just use the mission design from the original X-Wing as a basis. Stick in a basic survival mode and maybe a multiplayer deathmatch mode. £45. Done. Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      TBH EA have absolutely ****ed up not making a full game of that.

The short experience that came with Battlefront 1? That was a single mission which took ~20 minutes.

Give me another 25 of those, with a simple plot to connect them. Maybe just use the mission design from the original X-Wing as a basis. Stick in a basic survival mode and maybe a multiplayer deathmatch mode. £45. Done. Sold.
                      I'd love it. But unfortunately a game like that doesn't fit microtransations and loot boxes. EA wouldn't even consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        But Jedi Fallen Order was good... Oh wait, no it wasn't.
                        Zero faith in EA producing a game that isn't rammed with loot and MTX, or just dull as dishwater.
                        It wasn't bad, it just ran out of ideas and exposed itself for being rather limited in scope. The characters and general gameplay was decent and it at least sold well.

Battlefront 2 also redeemed itself somewhat, although it took them years to get to that point. It's the first and only game I've ever gotten a refund for digitally...

This might be good, but I'll not be risking finding out with my own cash.

Comment

It's been confirmed this will be playable on PSVR. Lord knows how much of it.

Comment

Comment

beaten to it.

no gameplay, but i'm expecting BF2 with 1st person mode. Doubt they'd do anything cool like let you toggle shield/engine/laser output.
                              Last edited by Tobal; 15-06-2020, 15:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X