No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Squadrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the EA play 2020, there was more info from the game dev which has me on board, confirmed shield/laser/engines levels, the ability to cut engines and drift which would the next level of control i would be looking for and alot more advanced than BF2. I still expect the single player stuff to be a glorified tutorial for 10 or so missions.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      No B-Wing no sale.
      From that trailer seems that the old LucasArts games will still offer more variety though, at least in ship selection.
      There will be B-Wings, so long as you're prepared to pay for the season pass.

It looks like there might finally be a X-Wing game for the currently generation of gamers, we'll see how it ends up, but from what's shown I at least have an interest on keeping an eye of the development of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        Is it iust an expanded version of the battlegrounds sections?
        It's on the Frostbite engine, and did look like fighter squadrons/star fighter from both Battlefront games. So at least from a technical pov is definitely built on those games. Just with an enforced in-cockpit view (or at least no third-person view was shown in the reveal).

Comment

EA have confirmed that Squadrons is not a Live Service and it will have no microtransactions.

Star Wars: Squadrons doesn't have microtransactions, isn't a live-service game

"We're trying to say with this game that we have a $40 price point, we want to feel generous to players, and we want it to feel like a complete experience. Like, 'You gave us your $40. Here's a game that you will love. Thank you.' That's it. This isn't something we are building around a live-service strategy. It's built around a game that is complete and great in its own right. That's not to say we will never add anything, I guess we could, but it's not presented as a live service."

Comment

While it's a good sign, EA presenting themselves in this manner makes me laugh, since they are largely responsible for the current hate torwards live services, season pass', preorder bonus' and lootbox game delivery method. Piss off.

Comment

EA say this like they are doing something new. Like they're doing people a favour.
              No, you are making and selling a game, like an actual game developer you ****s!

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                EA have confirmed that Squadrons is not a Live Service and it will have no microtransactions.

Star Wars: Squadrons doesn't have microtransactions, isn't a live-service game
                Great to see them clarify that in simple, irrefutable terms.

Let's see if they stick to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Great to see them clarify that in simple, irrefutable terms.

Let's see if they stick to it!
                  Personally I think they were pretty clear from the start

I could imagine if it blows up and it sells stupid numbers they might be tempted to put resources on DLC or a sequel. But I genuinely believe they didn't build a GaaS here. Also we know from that EA Play event that Motive are working on at least one other project and they aren't the biggest of studios, so they may not even be able to support it without an another developer anyway.

Comment

Up for pre-order on the PSN now.

Comment

The use of the word "generous" is offensive. Having access to a whole game for the normal price of a game is now generous? Wow, thanks EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        It's on the Frostbite engine, and did look like fighter squadrons/star fighter from both Battlefront games. So at least from a technical pov is definitely built on those games. Just with an enforced in-cockpit view (or at least no third-person view was shown in the reveal).
                        Thats a shame. It all feels a little soulless. It needs something.

Comment

Just bumped into this small tidbit on Resetera - no HOTAS support on the console versions, including PS4 and PSVR. A bit 'naff news for those with those Thrustmaster sticks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sta...ps4-x1.244972/

EDIT: Updated response confirms only the PC is confirmed to have HOTAS support at this stage. So leaves the chance of console support for sticks coming. https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSqu...ps4xbox_hotas/
                          Last edited by Digfox; 10-07-2020, 12:20.

Comment

Now I want a HOTAS for the day I finally play Elite Dangerous.

Comment

That sounds promising. Hope they patch it in

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                That sounds promising. Hope they patch it in
                                Yea, I think so. If sounds like it's an oversight and a hang-up of using the Battlefront/Frostbite engine. Even though it's probably a small percentage of users with a HOTAS the game not supporting them is like Street Fighter not supporting arcade sticks.

Just gotta to hope the small team can get to it before they've moved on to something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X