Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Also what keyboard do you have? I know that sounds an odd question
    It's a very basic Dell keyboard. Net connection is kind of both in that it's connected to my computer through an ethernet cable but that is attached to a signal booster thing rather than the router source.

Comment

Is this not a new Dell computer that you could contact their support about?

Comment

No, it's a good few years old. I had it in storage and pulled it out when my other computer blew up. I've been using this since then.

Comment

Gah! It happened again and I wasn't ready to see if I could get more info. 2:26 on the dot though. Once a day. Isn't that weird?

Comment

Go into the BIOS and do a reset. A bit of Googling did return a few individuals with this strange beeping problems on Dells.

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that.

Comment

Pull the ethernet cable 1 minute before it usually beeps and plug it back in 1 minute after and tell us if it still beeps.

Comment

What are you thinking [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], wake on lan being sent by something and bios beeps to indicate the magic packet is received?

Comment

I'm thinking ISP refreshes dynamic IP addresses at the same time every 24 hours maybe. A complete shot in the dark mind!

Comment

It's just your PC messing with you. Nothing to worry about. It happens all the time. IT'S NOT JUST YOU. (It's just you)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I'm thinking ISP refreshes dynamic IP addresses at the same time every 24 hours maybe. A complete shot in the dark mind!
                        ISP won't be supplying the LAN IP though, so the PC shouldn't even notice something like that happening.

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, but have you tried running a virus / malware scan on it?

Also have a look in Task Scheduler to see if something is set to run at that time (typing Task Scheduler into search should bring up the appropriate app). A suprising amount of things get added to that by installers (I disable a lot of it).
                        Last edited by MartyG; 18-06-2020, 06:59.

Comment

Nothing obvious in the Task Scheduler. Yep, have done virus/malware scans but I seem to be all clear. I'll try Brad's suggestion today just as an experiment.

Comment

At this point, I think you need to move house

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              At this point, I think you need to move house
                              You're probably right!

Comment

Well, unplugging the ethernet cable didn't change anything. Beep was right on schedule.

Should mention that I haven't yet reset the BIOS to see if that makes a difference. I looked up a YouTube tutorial and it seemed like it might be tricky so I will do it but I need to just make sure I know what I'm doing first.

Comment

Working...
                                X