No announcement yet.

Computer beep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see if there’s anything in there?

hit windows key and start typing event view TIL the app shows. Run it and look at windows logs/system and see if there’s anything there at 2.26?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see if there’s anything in there?

hit windows key and start typing event view TIL the app shows. Run it and look at windows logs/system and see if there’s anything there at 2.26?
      Yeah, there are a LOT of things in that Event Viewer (crazy amount of Audit Success listings - is that normal?) but nothing consistent in any obvious way. There was an event at 2:26 today but it turned out to be logging being unable to connect to the ethernet cable! Nothing happening each day at that time.

Comment

26 minutes to go.

Comment

Update: seems I can't get into bios. Or I can't see it. The internet tells me I have to restart via Advanced Startup (because Windows 10 has a quick startup thing) and I have followed all instructions but end up staring at a black screen on startup. The only way to get a response is to hit ESC which then allows it to boot to Windows. So I can't actually check the bios.

Comment

Please excuse my technical jargon/advice, but have you tried ignoring it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              This is my next strategy.

Comment

Also try entering:

4 8 15 16 23 42 [execute].

Comment

Now I’m lost

Comment

Dogg's PC repairman arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Now I’m lost
                      LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Update: seems I can't get into bios. Or I can't see it. The internet tells me I have to restart via Advanced Startup (because Windows 10 has a quick startup thing) and I have followed all instructions but end up staring at a black screen on startup. The only way to get a response is to hit ESC which then allows it to boot to Windows. So I can't actually check the bios.
                        This is more to do with your device than windows. The motherboard should have a specific key that diverts to bios before windows is even noticed. Hammer F1 or F10 etc. during startup.

Comment

or delete key, sometimes it's that IIRC

Comment

Aside from getting into the BIOS (which can also be F2 on a Dell PC - not sure if that's what this is?)

When I google this the similarities all seem to be Dell machines and it's an error code indicating a problem with, or failing Hard Disk Drive. But that's an easy one to check because something like CrystaDiskInfo will return S.M.A.R.T. info information. Although I would have thought a 'beep' for HDD would be random.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              Start making coffee one minute before it goes off.

Comment

Hit your thumb with a hammer at 2:35:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X