Mega Everdrive Pro is here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Everdrive Pro is here....

much neater form than that one form terraonion. and hopefully a better price. for sure it'll be on by birthday present list.

also seems the X7 has dropped a little in price as well, down to around £130, IIRC it was up at £150/60 mark?

Last edited by beecee; 19-06-2020, 08:30.

I’ve seen the video... looks exciting but apparently uses a less powerful FPGA chip than the Mega SD so I’m reserving judgement until it’s out in the wild and put through its paces before going all in.

The prospect of playing NES games on a MD is very appealing though!

Comment

That guy at school whose uncle worked at Sega was right all along!

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

It’s great to have more options and the Everdrive Pro seems to be aiming at homebrew developers too. I think this will sell well.

Comment

First review I’ve seen that properly has an in-depth comparison of the two products from the erstwhile Game Sack:

To me it looks like the Mega SD is the superior product. Aside from the better UI, better compatibility (with regards to file types and certain CD games), and faster loading of CD games, one thing I noticed about the limited CD options on the MEDP is that it seemingly lacks a CDDA volume or mixing control. Anyone who’s owned, or played extensively on, a Mega CD will know that there are some games which really need this, off the top of my head Lords of Thunder, Dune and Space Adventure Cobra are just some. In fact most games sound a lot better with the CDDA volume set to around 70% permanently.

Comment

The Game Sack review made it pretty clear that the Mega SD is the superior product, at least at the moment. Looks like I bought the right one! The NES thing in the Everdrive is a neat gimmick though, I'd love to know how it's done.

Comment

Does anyone know if import tax is likely if I order from the everdrive.me store?

Comment

It's a gamble innit- who knows?

Comment

If it's coming from the US, in my experience, almost all packages get caught for tax. I think retrotowers still sell them from the UK though.

Comment

When I ordered my GB X7 and GBA X5 I got no customs charge. They're delivered from the Ukraine... So maybe order before the 1st of Jan 2021 eh?

Worth noting 20% off on Black Friday if you're in no hurry either, that's when I got the above. Will be ordering some more this BF too.
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 13-08-2020, 20:16.

Comment

Thanks for that. I’m not in a hurry so will probably wait.

Comment

In two minds about getting this or the X7, don't know if there are enough mega cd games I like, and if it's worth the bother of finding the proper cd rips that works with it.

Comment

The Mega CD stuff sounds good, especially as I have an MCD2 that doesn’t read discs anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X