No announcement yet.

The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 hours in and everything's gone a bit Spinal Tap turned up to 11.

I ****ing love it!!!

I have had dust in my eye at least four times.
    Last edited by teddymeow; 24-06-2020, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      22 hours in and everything's gone a bit Spinal Tap turned up to 11.

I ****ing love it!!!
      Has Ellie played "lick my love pump" on the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I thought playing as Abbey in that early stage was a stroke of genius. Without even thinking about it my assumption was that she must be okay if i'm playing her ... which made what followed all the more shocking

I think that's what they were going for, I think it didn't land for me because it felt like she was hunting Joel from the outset. I guess they avoided players controlling Joel as they were worried it would create something of a Snake/Raiden moment

Last night I managed to just about finish Day One at about 1 in the morning:

I liked how the chapter wrapped up, felt reassuring that the way they've gone with Ellie is by choice rather than not writing her correctly as 15yr old Ellie was snarky as ever.

Comment

I thought playing as Abbey in that early stage was a stroke of genius. Without even thinking about it my assumption was that she must be okay if i'm playing her ... which made what followed all the more shocking

100% this. And I'd seen the spoilers online!! I honestly wasn't expecting it to happen so early in the game but, upon reflection, it's a masterstroke as it really does light a fire under you to go out and kill some mofos!!

Comment

Back on this tonight after the Liverpool game. This day shift is going to drag thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              Back on this tonight after the Liverpool game. This day shift is going to drag thats for sure.
              United game at 18:00 and then this.

Would be playing now but it isn't really appropriate in front of a 3 year old.

Comment

Finished about ten minutes ago.

Watched the entirety of the credits. Didn't feel like I drew breath the whole time.

Magnificent. Other narrative driven games are going to pale in comparison.

Comment

Dammit - I am wanting to wait for PS5 to play this....must....hold....my....nerve

Comment

I'm around the 18-hour mark and it keeps getting better. The way the story is handled is brave for a blockbuster. Happy I went media blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      Dammit - I am wanting to wait for PS5 to play this....must....hold....my....nerve
                      Play it on the PS4 then play through it again on the PS5 given it will be backwards compatible.

Comment

I’ve hit a welcome twist, which has ramped this up rather nicely!

Comment

Done. Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Done. Loved it.
                            I ****ING KNEW YOU WOULD!!!

Comment

I'm around the 18-hour mark and it keeps getting better. The way the story is handled is brave for a blockbuster. Happy I went media blackout.
                              I'm on to the last chapter now. So looking forward to seeing what happens. Quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I'm on to the last chapter now. So looking forward to seeing what happens. Quite interesting.
                                I think I'm in the final quarter and yeah, can't wait to see how it goes down.

Comment

Working...
                                X