Retro|Spective 140: Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I'm pretty sure I played the R360 at Mr. B's in Blackpool.

Some other games I don't think got home conversions:

Aliens

Aliens Vs. Predator
    I would also like to add Cadillacs & Dinosaurs to these 2
    Still criminal that it never made it to a home console.

Also I would say X-Men arcade...I know it made it to X-Box Live & PSN but I never downloaded & now I'll never have it

Neil

Comment

Objection! Overruled! Is that how it goes?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        It's not a conversion. I don't usually find issue with what you write, so your point can stand as if we're in an episode of L.A Law.
        Dumb LA Law comment aside, you'll note that I never actually said that it was a conversion - I've quite clearly stated that it wasn't.

All I've ever said was that it was an adaption that clearly has some elements of the coin-op (the source material it is clearly based on) in it.

Quite simple to comprehend, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Also I would say X-Men arcade...I know it made it to X-Box Live & PSN but I never downloaded & now I'll never have it

Neil
          I'm also gutted that I let the XBLA/PSN port of this pass me by. Took it for granted as I've always been used to playing it on MAME and just assumed it would be around for a while.

Comment

I was always expecting Sega’s Scud Race to arrive on the Dreamcast, ditto Rave Racer on the PSX too

Neither arrived though

I wish more would be put into the arcade type releases on consoles. There’s a load of mid 80s stuff that I just have no interest in but drop something like a Scud Race or Rave Racer with online leaderboards and I’m there!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              I'm also gutted that I let the XBLA/PSN port of this pass me by. Took it for granted as I've always been used to playing it on MAME and just assumed it would be around for a while.
              Yeah same
              Also the Turtles one that Konami did too, really kicking myself for not getting either of them & now lost to the annals of time

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                I wish more would be put into the arcade type releases on consoles. There’s a load of mid 80s stuff that I just have no interest in but drop something like a Scud Race or Rave Racer with online leaderboards and I’m there!
                People have always talked about their wish for a collection of Sega & Namco 3D racers. It's a shame we haven't got ports of Scud Race & Rave Racer. I personally wish Namco would release a really nice Ridge Racer & Rave Racer collection that plays really well. I still ejoy the PS1 version of RR, so having a solid port of the arcade version would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Dumb LA Law comment aside, you'll note that I never actually said that it was a conversion - I've quite clearly stated that it wasn't.

All I've ever said was that it was an adaption that clearly has some elements of the coin-op (the source material it is clearly based on) in it.

Quite simple to comprehend, in my humble opinion.
                  pedantic
                  adjective disapproving
                  UK /pəˈdæn.tɪk/ US /pedˈæn.tɪk/

giving too much attention to formal rules or small details

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    I would also like to add Cadillacs & Dinosaurs to these 2
                    Still criminal that it never made it to a home console.

Neil
                    Wasn't Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on Mega CD, although not many had one really?

Comment

Scud Racer was an annoying one, for a while it felt like such an obvious shoe-in for the Dreamcast and I've never seen a machine in the wild so have only been able to play it via emulator.

Another three:

Red Earth

Virtua Cop 3

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn

And for bonus measures, the previously mentioned Luigi's Mansion: Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                        Wasn't Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on Mega CD, although not many had one really?
                        It did but it was nothing like the arcade game

Neil

Comment

Ooof that's terrible, terrible. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Scud Racer was an annoying one, for a while it felt like such an obvious shoe-in for the Dreamcast and I've never seen a machine in the wild so have only been able to play it via emulator.

Virtua Cop 3

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn

Scud Race is bloomin' awesome.

VC 3 might be my favourite VC game.

The HotD games are pretty hit and miss for me. Scarlet Dawn is one of the better ones.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Scud Race is bloomin' awesome.

VC 3 might be my favourite VC game.

The HotD games are pretty hit and miss for me. Scarlet Dawn is one of the better ones.
                              Agree with Teddy here, Scud Race is fapping fantastic
                              Probably my fave arcade racer period, it's just so good.

Comment

I wonder how much work Sega would have to do to release an Arcade Collection with some of the games that never saw release. You'd assume loads but after that Daytona USA 3 leak where the files ran just fine on a PC possibly not.

Comment

Working...
                                X