No announcement yet.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gives us all plenty of time to grind out 5!

Fingers crossed World Brothers makes it out here sharpish, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Gives us all plenty of time to grind out 5!
      Definitely itching to get back into 5, but Iron Rain is currently on sale.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Fingers crossed World Brothers makes it out here sharpish, though.
      Still planned to have a Western release. Couldn't spot any reviews on a quick mooch.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        https://www.thegamer.com/d3-publishe...-release-2021/

D3 Publisher Says Earth Defense Force 6 Will Release "End Of 2021 At The Earliest" In Japan

"The sixth entry into the Earth Defense Force series is due to release next year in Japan - this we know. However, D3 Publisher has recently announced that the new chapter of the third-person shooter will not launch until the “end of 2021 at the earliest”.

Speaking in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. D3 Publisher producer Nobuyuki Okajima noted that the earliest we will see Earth Defense Force 6 will be at the end of next year."
        Now I get the comment in the compo section, plenty of time to get this guy powered up;

Comment

D3 Publisher and developer Sandlot have released the debut trailer for Earth Defense Force 6, which is due out for unannounced platform(s) in late 2021 in Japan.

Comment

YES

Can't wait.

Comment

These Hovis ads have got a bit post-modern, haven't they

Comment

I feel ready for a new EDF after skipping the fifth. I hope this is released on last generation consoles so I can play it on my Xbox One X.

Still muse about going back to 2025 on the Xbox 360 and grind some more achievements and EDF 2 on the PS Vita is something I keep playing every now and then. It's a pity that the series has become so hard to 100% complete solo -- by which I mean the hardest and inferno difficulties.

Comment

You missed a treat with 5, it was nuts.
                  Personally, I think the series is thriving with the addition of online co-op, but at the expense of playing solo to a degree.

Comment

I only bought an Xbox One X on June of 2020 -- and was a card-bearing member of then 'current generation' for a whole five months! -- so EDF 5 was out of bounds for me.

Online co-op is an excellent addition to EDF but I don't like how, starting with 2025, the games feel impossible to fully complete on your own. 2017 was hard but with some grinding, perseverance, skill and a 2nd controller deploying ZEXR-GUN turrets, it could be done!

Comment

That looks excellent.

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                      Online co-op is an excellent addition to EDF but I don't like how, starting with 2025, the games feel impossible to fully complete on your own. 2017 was hard but with some grinding, perseverance, skill and a 2nd controller deploying ZEXR-GUN turrets, it could be done!
                      4.1 is impossible to complete in SP, I feel that 5 can be done but I'm not there yet with Inferno, done it on Hardest though.

Comment

Fencer and Air Raider confirmed. The Air Raider is changing (more details to come later) as the previous war has depleted their reserves of artillery etc so their loadouts are going to change/be limited.

Comment

Translation:

Air Raider = nerfed

Comment

They definitely swapped out the balance between the Wing Diver and Air Raider between 4.1 and 5.
                            Nobody wanted to play Air Raider except me and there was very little reward for persevering, but the Wing Diver was fragile, but delivered electric pain from above.

In 5, the Air Raider was able to level the city with his loadout!

Hopefully it feels balanced rather than nerfed.

Also, it look like we'll get more info at regular intervals:
                            "D3 Publisher will also start running monthly live streams to regularly deliver new information on Earth Defense Force 6. The inaugural stream is set to broadcast on June 25, 2021, at 21:00 JST (8 AM ET). It will also cover Earth Defense Force 2 for Nintendo Switch, which is slated for release in Japan on July 15, 2021.

D3 Publisher and Sandlot are currently working on Earth Defense Force 6, and it has a release window around the end of 2021."

Comment

I only played Ranger or Wing Diver up to 4.1 but in 5 the mechanics of WD changed and couldn't get on with it so it's really Ranger only for me.

Still not completed 5 with Ranger though, just one level to do but it feels more like a Tekken boss level as it's down to luck rather than skill.

Comment

Not sure what's going on in this livestream, to be honest.

However:

New aliens!
                                Machine life form.

It was named "Fusion Life Form No. 1" by the Advanced Technology Research Department. Nothing is known at this time where and for what it was produced.

The only certainty is that it "has a habit of attacking people." The part that looks like an arm is equipped with a ballistic knife, which fires and attacks the found human without hesitation.

It looks like a robot, but surprisingly half of its volume is made up of living tissue, and it can be said that it is located between machines and living things.

When the armor is destroyed by the attack, organic substances can be seen underneath

Comment

Working...
                                X