Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good to me.

Comment

With Jr3 shortly inbound we're going to be self-isolating no matter what the Tories say, taking no risks whatsoever on that front so 2020 is largely clear. 2021 looks the same as a small child limits our options so we're thinking of a dull year where we focus on building some money up especially as the car will finally be paid off. 2022 looks like a quiet one too (no way we're having a fourth!). So 2023, when Jr3 is three, we'd like to have a big holiday (seems a safe window to travel longhaul with our youngest and not have to worry about Covid) which would be the first in... eleven years. 2024 would then likely be new car and move home, unless that slipped back a year. Keeping things really simple in terms of plans otherwise, we've had too much over our heads for years now.

Comment

Move in with the missus, get a conservatory built, find a better job than my current one, bit of decorating, that's about it really. Would like to go to Japan at some point within that 5 years, think I can manage it.

Also there's a big and dry shed at the end of the garden and electric nearby - I've been talking to the missus about whether we could put a few machines in there and have our own little arcade and surprisingly she actually quite likes the idea. Not quite as sold on having a Taito Cocktail cabinet in the living room as the dining table, but maybe I can work on that.

Comment

Living in Scotland with the lovely people of Scotland and not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Living in Scotland with the lovely people of Scotland and not here.
            You moving in with [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]?

Comment

I haven’t formally asked but that’s the plan. I’ll help out in his beers shop part time

Comment

Well I'm almost divorced now and will be finding a place to live soon. I am a partial shielder for Covid so I'm hoping I won't die.

In 5 years, I've no idea. I am seeing someone really nice so let's hope that goes somewhere, but it's a long road.

Comment

5 years? As all of us here must feel, I don't know what the world will be like in 2021, let alone 2025!

I was a bit gutted as me and Mrs Wools moved to the town where I work to settle down with a nicer house, better outlook and savings, for the first time in my life! Got a new car on the drip, picked up some things I've always dreamed about (With savings) and we had the house kitted out just how we liked it. Then COVID-19 happened, and the job I was planning on working at for the next few years to pay off my car and build up some cash dropped me like its hot.

However, after 7 years in QA with the corporate world, I was sick of what my company was doing and longed to work back in games. So spent furlough keeping 1 eye on a corporate style QA jobs but the other on getting back into the games industry. Lukily, I was able to nab a cool new role in London and it's looking like a bit of a dream job. However, I'm starting work at home and we don't know when the office will re-open. Great for COVID-19 not having its mucky way with me, not so great on a man who's been cooped up at home since March.

My Mrs is far more settled in her Nursing career and thankfully, has had an okay few months during this pandemic. She's planning on staying in Nursing till she retires and loves it. With her paycheque and mine, we live a very comfortable life so can save for decent things, holidays and general stuff. We have no kids nor plans to have them so we have it easier than some friends and family who need childcare.

So in 5 years? I hope I'm still at the same company I'm starting at, either in the same Lead QA position or I might fancy dipping my wick back into Level Design as that's where a lot of my passion is, but I'm wary of turning my hobby back into work, especially as I love QA when the company is good. Home life wise, I'll like to pay off my car, get a cat and build up my savings as I've enjoyed having headroom financially for the first time in my life.

Looking at it, I feel bloody lucky as when I vividly remember how **** I felt when I was in my 20's, got made redundent from my dream job and had no idea what to do. This past decade has taught me a lot, the next 5 years I'm sure will be just as rewarding and fun.

Comment

Hopefully the wedding goes forward without having to reschedule the reception (As of today its looking good but no guarantees yet in case there is a second wave soon after lock-down easing). We are now probably going to have to cancel our dream honeymoon though sadly, we have until mid July to decide.

So 5 year plan hoping to eventually go on dream honeymoon (probably 2022), hopefully get to take part in the housing market successfully and perhaps a dog after that if all goes well. Maybe get to travel more and hopefully get a newer car.

Get fitter, as in the last couple of years weight, age and inactivity have really made me feel like crap and the last couple of months has given me the chance to change my diet for the better. I'm not expecting to be slender and sporty but as I'm getting older its really hitting me more how unfit I am. Get into better habits and kick the bad ones, made good progress recently.

Finally start learning and taking up more courses. I have kind of been put on hold with the promise of new training to begin and Covid has struck out another year of me being able to do it. I'm looking to do one and possibly more courses relevant to my job to give me a few more opportunities in the future (I want to study Dental Radiography which is a bit of a nightmare but I hope by studying it it will be easier for my brain to understand and process).
                    I also want to get onto actually being tutored in some life skills which I can only half do or do in theory but not so much in practice such as sewing (ok for arts and crafts but not my own clothes) and DIY/ furniture building from scratch which I have never had the home or space to carry it out.

I'd also like to improve my cooking by learning and having the confidence to cook a roast dinner from scratch!

Comment

Working...
                    X