The Five Year Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Five Year Plan

With so much time indoors over the last few months and the potential for more down the line it's been a good excuse for people to do a lot of DIY on their homes etc but with so much done many will soon be turning their eyes further down the horizon.

Assuming Coronavirus is suitably put to bed at somepoint in 2021, where do you see your life being in five years time and what life events do you anticipate over that time including hopes and ambitions?

Oh man, it's a weird time to ask that question. It really feels to me that we've been on some serious downhill since 2015 with Trump, Brexit, can't even remember what else and now pandemics and huge wake-up protests. And some of it feels like it validates some of my most negative thoughts - that the systems we have in place for life and society are no longer fit for purpose. But if they're not then you either stick at them and it eventually breaks down bit by bit, like a show that never gets cancelled but should have been, or you tear them down and start again. And normally, I think humans tend to just keep doing the same thing they are doing... but we're not in a normal situation.

So where do I see myself in five years time? I guess I'm just hoping we're not in some giant world war or living like rats trying to conduct raids on the last few rich people who haven't been brutally murdered yet or worse. Kind of hoping it's all calm and I just have a slightly bigger house and I don't have to work hard. I'd like that.

Comment

Hopefully alive and employed. I'm not ambitious.

Comment

Leaving Canada and heading to Japan to teach maths at an international school.

Comment

Leaving the UK and heading to Japan to be the live-in housekeeper for [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Ditto. Married, also, but then that's just on the horizon so...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Leaving the UK and heading to Japan to be the live-in housekeeper for [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION].
              Can I come too?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Can I come too?
                Sure, why not?!

Comment

Sure, why not?!
                  I'll pack a sandwich for us.

Comment

I'll pack a sandwich for us.
                    No, no, no. It'll be ramen every day!! Except on the days we have katsudon.

Comment

Okay then, but I'm not into fish. No fish stuff.

Comment

Okay then, but I'm not into fish. No fish stuff.
                        That's no problem.

Comment

If you asked me that 5 years ago I wouldn't be able to describe where I am now in my life so who the hell knows.
                          I hope I'm heading in to a period of certainly and contentment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                            Yeah, just the things I had at the beginning of 2020 would be nice: healthy marriage, happy kids, job ... if those boxes are ticked I'll be a happy man.

Comment

+ [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]
                              Don't forget Saizeriya Saturdays!

Comment

Working...
                              X