User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Yeah, I'd seen it a load of times before I tried it and when I did I remember being so pleasantly surprised by how great it played.
    I remember being really impressed with the overall design and style of fighting action. It felt really fresh at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post
    Dayton USA is the best game on that list. I still play the PS3 version.
    I go back to the 360 port now and then and really enjoy it. I still love the whole design.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
    perhaps Alien vs Predator because it always looked cool
    AvP is incredibly cool and action packed. Some would say it's Capcom's best beat 'em up. Easily one of my genre faves.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 28-06-2020 at 09:30 PM.

And SSII is up there with any Neo Geo release.
    Oh yeah SSII is the absolute nuts, but I know it more as an AES game when I first got mine circa 2000 rather than an arcade game. Although I did visit Brazil in 2001 and played it a bit in the arcades against the locals in Manaus. I was well happy to find such a buoyant scene there as arcades were long dead over here, and Id say some 75% of all the machines in every arcade I visited were SNK titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepp View Post
    Dayton USA is the best game on that list. I still play the PS3 version.
    I remember when it first came to PS3, I had a Logitech G25 wheel and racing seat at the time ... felt so close to the arcade experience

I remember when it first came to PS3, I had a Logitech G25 wheel and racing seat at the time ... felt so close to the arcade experience
    I can imagine! I'd love to give it a try under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    Oh yeah SSII is the absolute nuts, but I know it more as an AES game when I first got mine circa 2000 rather than an arcade game.
    I also bought a copy of SSII when I finally got an AES. It's a really nice refined sequel.

Yeah, it must feel great to have a racing seat and play it with a wheel. I wish Sega would release a compilation of their classic racers.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-06-2020 at 08:32 PM.

The votes so far:

Daytona USA: 6 votes
    Samurai Shodown: 3 votes
    Alien vs. Predator: 3 votes
    Batsugun: 3 votes
    Sunset Riders: 2 votes
    In the Hunt: 1 vote

Alien Vs Predator
    Samurai Shodown
    and I can't decide between Daytona and Batsugun.

Oh Daytona then.

Sunset Riders for me as the best bang-for-buck (10p) in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by hudson View Post
    Oh Daytona then.

A great game in all departments.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Sunset Riders for me as the best bang-for-buck (10p) in that list.
    I used to play the SNES version a lot back in the 90s, so got a lot of fun out of it. I think it's quite an expensive game these days.