No announcement yet.

Physical Attraction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, too, and WarioWare Twisted. But they're pretty few and far between and in a fairly narrow range genre-wise.

Comment

I enjoy the fact I can play stuff like PULSTAR (Neo Geo), TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER (N64), CHIP N' DALE: RESCUE RANGERS (NES), GUNSTAR HEROES (MD), MASS EFFECT 2 (360), PANZER DRAGOON ORTA (OGXB), SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV (SNES), SHENMUE 1&2 (DC)...and oodles of arcade ROMs.

All on my Xbox One. And not even hacked. Just a galaxy of cross-format goodness, all in one dusty black box that cost me £60 thirty months back.

The value this thing keeps giving me. I love it, it's a great machine, I really have got my money's worth out of it!

Comment

Will always opt for physical over digital wherever possible, if only for the resale value (as others have already mentioned).

That said, I'm actually gaming less these days due to work and other life elements, so I find that I'm purchasing less (or at least, I'm trying to - my actual games backlog is a nonsense at this point!).

But I will admit that I'm a little more receptive to digital game purchasing than I was. The sales that often pop-up on Switch eShop for example make it easier to justify buying retro coin-op ports like Arcade Archives, SEGA AGES, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          I enjoy the fact I can play stuff like PULSTAR (Neo Geo), TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER (N64), CHIP N' DALE: RESCUE RANGERS (NES), GUNSTAR HEROES (MD), MASS EFFECT 2 (360), PANZER DRAGOON ORTA (OGXB), SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV (SNES), SHENMUE 1&2 (DC)...and oodles of arcade ROMs.

All on my Xbox One. And not even hacked. Just a galaxy of cross-format goodness, all in one dusty black box that cost me £60 thirty months back.

The value this thing keeps giving me. I love it, it's a great machine, I really have got my money's worth out of it!
          The prices out me off despite me buying a bunch in the past. An ancient Rom should be a couple of quid max.

Comment

I kind of agree but I paid £6.39 apiece for Neo Geo GHOST PILOTS and CYBER-LIP last nite and didn't mind. I've never owned a Neo Geo but I've had and enjoyed these in illegal form on three modded OGXBoxes (that have died since) and I don't mind finally marrying it for six quid and getting cheevz as sex.

I think about £7 should be the limit. In some way, the heftyish price of these NG emulations adds gravitas to the purchase and makes them seem important, makes me feel they NEED to be played and are still pretty expensive n' special.

I'm gonna build up a small collection of NG games this way, try to appreciate them. It's all psychological, innit.

Comment

I also think, the more folk buy stuff like this, the more the publishers see there's still a market for new games in the same style.

Comment

I have a lot of physical games because you can bag some brilliant 2nd hand bargains.
                With digital, you're slave to the sales that are only live when Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo say.

As for film, here's a nice article on why it's worth fighting for physical media:
                Low quality streaming, unavailable films, movie edits by stealth: why physical media matters more than ever in the streaming age.
                https://www.filmstories.co.uk/features/the-movies-and-why-its-worth-fighting-more-than-ever-for-physical-media/

Comment

Working...
                X