The 30 Day Movie Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6 - Groundhog Day

The answer to this one has changed over the years but Groundhog Day is the film I've definitely seen more times than any other. It's a once a year watch and a real treasure.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Aliens
    This would have been my answer back in the mid 90s but I watched it too many times and can't go back anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Aliens would have been my answer back in the mid 90s but I watched it too many times and can't go back anymore
      I had a good break and when I got the Blu-Ray quadrilogy, it was like seeing an old friend again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I had a good break and when I got the Blu-Ray quadrilogy, it was like seeing an old friend again.
        Hmmm ... might be time to go back.

Comment

Day 6:

Tales from the crypt: Demon knight

As a kid I think I watched this about a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Hmmm ... might be time to go back.
            Interesting article on how the extended cut of Aliens is not necessarily the better one and the best version lies somewhere between the two:
            How one man found his favourite cut of James Cameron's Aliens lying half-way between the theatrical release and the Special Edition.

Comment

Day 07 - a movie you can quote every line.

Possibly Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Comment

Day 07 - None
                I love a good quote from a film, but say for something like True Lies - I like the one liners but I'm glad I don't know Tia Carrera's exposition work

Comment

Day 7 - This Is Spinal Tap

A film where over familiarity adds to the fun (couldn't quote anywhere near every line but it's the film I'd be closest at I suppose). This is the greatest comedy of all time for me and has the most quotable lines by a long shot.

Comment

Day 7

Terminator 2 I suppose.

Day 8

A genre, boxing aside, that I tend to avoid. And having just typed that it's inevitable I'm forgetting something!

Anyway, I'll go for Tron.

Some early esports (lol) there, and a good light cycle 'race' haha!

Comment

Day 7:

Terminator 2 as well. Although I could probably have a good stab at The Matrix too.

Comment

Day 8 - Slap Shot

Comment

Day 08 - Rocky Balboa
                          I know the first two define this one but this is the only sequel to the originals to feel truly relevant to the character and Stallone and it's still the best farewell he's managed to a character and the franchise.

Comment

Hmmm...

Rocky IV? Shaolin Soccer? Teenwolf?

Comment

Day 8:

I dunno I don't really like sports films. Probably Rocky 4.

Comment

Day 08

Another one for Rocky IV, seen this at the cinema, and that soundtrack! Survivor - Burning Heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X